it's official, Verizon will start selling a new phone with Jelly Bean by November...no JB for GN yet

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
well, it's finally official.... as expected, Verizon will start selling the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jelly Bean by November.

there is still no sign of Jelly Bean OTA for the poor Galaxy Nexus... Verizon is either on vacation or has given up on the OTA JB update.

before anyone get started... let me just stop right here and say my Galaxy Nexus cannot be rooted/flashed because it's a company-issued phone. :( :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
well, it's finally official.... as expected, Verizon will start selling the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jelly Bean by November.

there is still no sign of Jelly Bean OTA for the poor Galaxy Nexus... Verizon is either on vacation or has given up on the OTA JB update.

before anyone get started... let me just stop right here and say my Galaxy Nexus cannot be rooted/flashed because it's a company-issued phone. :( :)

First, this is probably the 3rd or so thread started with this very premise:

(1) Another phone is getting JB
(2) The VZW GN doesn't have JB
(3) Verizon must not care/like/whatever about the GN
(4) And the root disclaimer

It's a bit much, IMO, for each of the prior threads serves the same purpose.

That being said, you're incorrect in one point--there is a sign of the OTA. It exists, it's on the Google servers. It's awaiting approval/go ahead. But to say there is no sign, well, that's false. I have its radios and I've helped several folks put it on their devices. Wouldn't be able to do that without it existing :).

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
^^^^ WORD.

P.S. November is a few weeks away bud. Read post #3/#4 on the link dmmarck provided. Plenty of people running this unofficial JB on company phones. Not saying you should, but you probbaly could so ease up a bit.

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First, this is probably the 3rd or so thread started with this very premise:

(1) Another phone is getting JB
(2) The VZW GN doesn't have JB
(3) Verizon must not care/like/whatever about the GN
(4) And the root disclaimer

It's a bit much, IMO, for each of the prior threads serves the same purpose.

That being said, you're incorrect in one point--there is a sign of the OTA. It exists, it's on the Google servers. It's awaiting approval/go ahead. But to say there is no sign, well, that's false. I have its radios and I've helped several folks put it on their devices. Wouldn't be able to do that without it existing :).

^^ This! dmmarck's post here, http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-official-jelly-bean-jro03o-verizon-gnex.html provides the step-by-step instructions for how to get JB on your Gnex. Although you're locked down because you have a company phone, the rooting community has had the "semi-official" JB update for the past few weeks.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what this Jelly Bean talk is, I just flashed iOS6 on my GNex and its running great!

While we're hiijacking, man do I wish I would've thought to snap some pictures of my coworkers flipping out realizing their iphone 4 cannot use any of the new stuff in iOS6. Of course, I was too busy having fun at their expense. Surprised I didn't take one of those bricks in the teeth:D

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I also have a company phone with enterprise security encryption software on it. Since we have the leaked official JB build, all you have to do is unlock, boot a custom recovery, flash imm76q -> jelly bean , OEM relock and you will have jelly bean on your phone and still be able to get work emails since your phone will be bare bones stock.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
While we're hiijacking, man do I wish I would've thought to snap some pictures of my coworkers flipping out realizing their iphone 4 cannot use any of the new stuff in iOS6. Of course, I was too busy having fun at their expense. Surprised I didn't take one of those bricks in the teeth:D

At least your friends iPhone got a damn update. We still waiting......

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I was going through the vzw forums and this guy said a Rep. said something about it coming out around october because they had to fix the radios? Like jellybean F*D up the radios and so they had to do further testing and make new ones. Idk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was going through the vzw forums and this guy said a Rep. said something about it coming out around october because they had to fix the radios? Like jellybean F*D up the radios and so they had to do further testing and make new ones. Idk

Have a link? I've been using their radios, they're awesome.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/780120?start=90&tstart=0

(Sorry If I posted the link wrong haven't been on the forums for awhile)
Page 10 if it doesn't take you right to it

---------- Post Merged at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:39 PM ----------

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/780120?start=90&tstart=0

(Sorry If I posted the link wrong haven't been on the forums for awhile)
Page 10 if it doesn't take you right to it

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Oops and not that the radios are messed up just testing new ones misread

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just so we're all updated:

Jelly Bean is rolling out now. Check the OTA thread or the other JB update thread in this section for more details.

Enjoy :).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just so we're all updated:

Jelly Bean is rolling out now. Check the OTA thread or the other JB update thread in this section for more details.

Enjoy :).

Dangit.. there go all the conspiracy theories, the "verizon has given up on this phone" complaints, the "we won't get it until 2013" pot-stirrers, and everything else. Was really rooting for those guys.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy