Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Been doing the "trick" all day in WiFi areas and still nothing. I think it's even worse knowing the OTA is out there and I can't get it, than it just not being available.. lol

SodiumFree

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was curious on timing, whether I should be looking for people to get it in MA or NYC.

I am just over excited because I was about 24hours from giving up and rooting.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear that FoxFi doesn't work but I'm curious if the "use a toggle switch instead of the setting menu" trick to enable the default hotspot works like it did in ICS

It should, because that taps into native tethering. But I use roms, not stock, so YMMV.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I got the update and then wasn't able to update because I was rooted rebooted and didn't get the notification to download again. Frustrated I thought the install saved somewhere on your device but I guess not.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Few more hours? The VZW nexus was the first to get the phone and has been hampered by delays ...we have a right.to be impatient now considering how we have been treated with this phone... after all the biggest draw to having one is the "early update schedule "
The fact of the matter is that YOU ARE receiving quick updates. Name 1 phone in existence other than Nexus devices that have an official JB version right now...

Nowhere did ANYONE ever say that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus would get updates before other Nexus devices, just that it would get them before non-Nexus devices, and they have held true to that.

I think we are all getting a little spoiled and childish about the whole update thing.

And before you take this as a personal attack, it's not directed solely at you, but at everyone who is so vocal about expressing their contempt over the "situation".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work with JB? Say it ain't so?!.... I guess I'll have to wait until Foxifi updates then. Or does anyone else have a free tethering app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay