Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i originally told u guys jb should be released by verizon right before ios6 is released....we get a day (or 2?) later.... close enough :D we still got it baby!!!!

now its time to watch the s3 owners cry for their update :p

Mepaphoros

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried to clearing the Google Framework data and hitting check for update and it worked on the first try! The GNEX is updating now. Queens, NY.

I'm in manhattan, trick didn't work for me. I'm beginning to think its purely coincidental and this "trick" has nothing to do with it.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Tried the Framework Services trick a few times and nothing so far. I'll try again in an hour or two.

I'm pumped, but I might just install the leaked one since it appears to be the same radios.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well what does happen if you hit the "Clear data" button? Do you lose all your accounts and the play store app list etc.. or does all of that just repopulate and its no big deal? I'm willing to clear it if it repopulates but the warning it gives you is pretty harsh.

When I did it on my NS4G, it killed the Play Store. It would load, but unable to download/update anything. Did it again, 2 days later, got the update which fixed the Play Store. Just be aware it can happen.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
When I did it on my NS4G, it killed the Play Store. It would load, but unable to download/update anything. Did it again, 2 days later, got the update which fixed the Play Store. Just be aware it can happen.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Yup. Play Store won't read your device as being there, essentially.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
To those who have gotten it, 4G or Wifi?

I was on Wifi. The funny thing about it is that my Nexus doesn't even have a SIM card in it anymore since I received my S3 yesterday. Long story short my S3 fell out of my motorcycle jacket pocket on Tuesday so went back to my Nexus for the time being while I waited on the new S3. Went ahead and put my Nexus back to completely factory everything last night before I went to bed and when I woke up around 4 or so, the update was waiting for me to download/install.

HeathWala

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
how would you fix your play store?

Trying the trick this morning borked my Play Store, and I had to remove my Google Account from "Settings > Accounts & sync" and re-add it before it worked again. I still haven't received my JB update, but I don't want to screw up my store again because it was a minor pain to remove and re-add - I guess I'll just have to be patient.

dmlowery41

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried the trick and it messed up my Play store as well. Did you have you completely remove your Google account from your phone and then re-add it to get it to work again?