Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

Mepaphoros

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Disabled mobile data, clear google framework probaby 20 times and update is downloading now. Keep trying people.

Tried all that didn't work. Its purely coincidental. There is no scientific reason why this would work only on the 20th time you try it. The reality is, if I try anything long enough right now, at some point my phone will get the OTA. That doesn't mean it had anything to do with what I tried. Sorry guys, unfortunately, there is no trick here. We just have to wait.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone?! I have a unlocked Gnex on VZW running 4.0.4. Can I still upgrade?

I read that if you have a custom ROM you can't. How do I know if I have a custom ROM, recoveries an all that?

My USB doesn't work (I charge with an external battery charger) . Can anyone help me accomplish getting JB on my device? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone?! I have a unlocked Gnex on VZW running 4.0.4. Can I still upgrade?

I read that if you have a custom ROM you can't. How do I know if I have a custom ROM, recoveries an all that?

My USB doesn't work (I charge with an external battery charger) . Can anyone help me accomplish getting JB on my device? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

See the OTA thread in this forum?

This one.

Go there, read that.

Have you ever flashed a rom? You can't accidentally do that. So if you don't remember, you're probably good to go :).

However, if you don't have a working USB port, I wouldn't even bother. That's a huge risk. Just wait for it to come.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
North Carolina here no update yet but I'll keep trying

Edit: I also just realized today is the same day the iPhone 5 comes out which is ironic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

harleyb16

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hold it right there, what about people on IMM76K? I have an old gnex so that's the official version. Never been prompted to update to Q. What does this mean for me and the thousands of other gnex's like mine?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hold it right there, what about people on IMM76K? I have an old gnex so that's the official version. Never been prompted to update to Q. What does this mean for me and the thousands of other gnex's like mine?

That, my friend, is a good question.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
How does someone have IMM76Q and some of us have IMM76K? Obviously Q must be later (I guess) but if I have 76k does that mean im waiting until all the Q users have been updated?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How does someone have IMM76Q and some of us have IMM76K? Obviously Q must be later (I guess) but if I have 76k does that mean im waiting until all the Q users have been updated?

Q was sent with recently shipped/replacement gnex's. It reduced the search functionality to make good on the patent case Samsung lost with Apple, so that new or replacement devices could be sold here. Already sold gnex's did not need to have it pushed because the blockade it put on devices being imported doesn't matter for those already sold. So basically, you don't need Q. All Nexii will receive the JB OTA regardless of whether you're on K or Q. :)

harleyb16

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure it had to do with gimping the local search. I think people with refurbs or who purchased after a certain date have Q while people who bought before the legal mess got to keep local search with version K. But now it seems we're screwed

Edit: beat me by a minute! :p good to here we'll still get it :)

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on IMM76K.
IMM76Q was an update for the version of gnex with slightly different hardware components I think.
So if you're on MM76K, you will never be updated to Q. I may be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure.