Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

caesar73

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my fix of JB this morning. I'm in the St. Louis, MO area. So far everything seems fine. Vellamo benchmark score is about the same as ICS. Completely stock, not rooted.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This is the only thing keeping me from updating. Is there any app out there that will work the same way foxfi does for jb?

Yeah im going to hold off till I can find a replacement or they update it. I need it for my new Galaxy Note 10.1 I bought monday. It helps alot when at work and no wifi there.

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I can see the JB notification sitting there under System Updates, but I have no wi-fi network available. (I'm connected with 4G). What are my options?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can see the JB notification sitting there under System Updates, but I have no wi-fi network available. (I'm connected with 4G). What are my options?

Go to McDonalds :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have had JB pushed four times to me now. Everytime I go through the updated process it will download it but when it goes to install JB it errors out. It starts with Lloyd with the bule status bar then about 10 seconds in I get Lloyd on his back with the red triangle and exclamation point. I am not rooted and the last 2 times I tried it I did a factory reset first. Has anyone had this issue or have a fix?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this update worth relocking and unrooting? or should I just stick with flashing JB ROMS? Is there a significant difference between the 2?

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My JB system update notification just changed from "downloading via wifi until October 3rd" to "downloading via wifi until 2:09 a.m". Does it go to 4G download after that?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Is this update worth relocking and unrooting? or should I just stick with flashing JB ROMS? Is there a significant difference between the 2?
I would stick with flashing JB Roms. AFAIK nothing in this that is not already in JBSourcery or other ROMS. If there is anything, you can bet that the available dev custom roms will have it included very shortly. The custom dev roms out there simply offer way more flexibility, customization and features than the OTA update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would stick with flashing JB Roms. AFAIK nothing in this that is not already in JBSourcery or other ROMS. If there is anything, you can bet that the available dev custom roms will have it included very shortly. The custom dev roms out there simply offer way more flexibility, customization and features than the OTA update.

This.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

2E1AXL

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I did this on my new galaxy nexus after over the air fail first time and your trick worked

Settings > Apps> All > Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Clear Data

Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check Now

:O) :O) :O) :O) yippee jelly bean no ice cream lol

FPG

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't received the update (either OTA or Wifi) here in the Wichita area. Awhile back I forcefully updated my nexus to 4.0.4 (kernal 3.0.8-g21f62a0) and since it was vanilla android I assumed I'd still be able to pick up the JB update when it rolled out.

Do I need to rollback to receive the update.. or should I just keep waiting?

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted, are you sure you're 100% vanilla? You've not deleted any of the stock apps, have you? I believe if you delete anything that came stock, it's no longer considered stock and the OTA won't happen. That was what I ran into. I flashed back to stock 4.0.4 and the update came shortly after. Just a thought.

FPG

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, are you sure you're 100% vanilla? You've not deleted any of the stock apps, have you? I believe if you delete anything that came stock, it's no longer considered stock and the OTA won't happen. That was what I ran into. I flashed back to stock 4.0.4 and the update came shortly after. Just a thought.
Yea, that's working for me too. The other thought I had was maybe that it was my build number. I was running Android 4.0.4 build IMM30B. Just for anyone else with this problem, if that's what you're running, you'll probably need to flash the update yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie