Received Official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA this morning

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning @ 4:08am PST and looked at my Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus that said it is waiting to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on my Device. Went ahead and hit download and it is installing now. I JUST went to completely stock bootloader and rom last night before going to bed (was having horrible battery issues) and now I am installing Jelly Bean :) Oh yeah - I am located in Los Angeles County, CA.

Screenshot_2012-09-21-04-25-17.pngScreenshot_2012-09-21-04-25-40.png

Droidnought

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Normally, I'd be super jealous, but I did win a Nexus 7 from Cruzerlite yesterday. I do really wish that Verizon would push this to the phones already. Hopefully yours is the start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Received my update also. Usually there are rumors and a bunch of talk before the OTA occurred. This kind of snuck up. I thought a radio update was going to come before JB, but this is full blown JB. Good to see that the Verizon OTA was not that far behind Sprint. No idea yet on if there are performance differences as I have only been on the update for a few minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning @ 4:08am PST and looked at my Verizon Wireless Galaxy Nexus that said it is waiting to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on my Device. Went ahead and hit download and it is installing now. I JUST went to completely stock bootloader and rom last night before going to bed (was having horrible battery issues) and now I am installing Jelly Bean :) Oh yeah - I am located in Los Angeles County, CA.

View attachment 38099View attachment 38100

Screens match up.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just mashing the "Check now" button lol

Be careful with what comes after this line of text:

Some folks clear data and cache in "Google Framework" in the Settings => Apps then force stopping the app. After that, they tap "check now" under system updates. Sometimes, that works to "grab" the update. Sometimes it works and your Play Store may not work. Sometimes it works and your Play Store works just fine.

The choice is yours.

:)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It has been stated repeatedly on these forums that your location has no bearing on the timing of the OTA.

Question: Does anyone know if the trick to get 4.0.4 faster works with getting 4.1? I can't remember exactly what that trick was and will have to go look but thought I'd check.

The trick I posted above you? Only one way to find out :).

It did work on my fiancee's toroplus/Sprint Nexus, FWIW.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It has been stated repeatedly on these forums that your location has no bearing on the timing of the OTA.

I've been trying for the past five minutes with no luck:

Settings > Apps> All > Google Services Framework > Force Stop > Clear Data

Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check Now

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with what comes after this line of text:

Some folks clear data and cache in "Google Framework" in the Settings => Apps then force stopping the app. After that, they tap "check now" under system updates. Sometimes, that works to "grab" the update. Sometimes it works and your Play Store may not work. Sometimes it works and your Play Store works just fine.

The choice is yours.

:)
Yeah no go for me, lol At least the play store didn't get messed up :) Oh well, I'm patient

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Everyone getting the update:

Please post screenshots if you can, particularly if you get the update notice!

Thank you!

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The forced update trick mentioned has worked for me with no hitch on past updates.... If this is for real it is GLORIOUS...I wonder why this hasnt been picked up on the AC homepage...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance