Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread

Horrific. I had 100% at noon. Recharged another 15& or so and this is what I got. The thing hardly ever slept!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348530850368.jpg  

I have noticed a huge difference in battery life and screen on time but only when on wifi, getting little over 3 hours on time, ill post screens later. When im on 3G or 4G it's about the same, little under 2. I have google now on and a few apps that hit the net and also Ocean HD live wallpaper. I also have 2100 extended battery.

I've noticed slightly better battery life since JB.

To those that are experiencing such short battery life...are you running live wall papers or lots of widgets?
    BlackBerry Curve 8300 < BlackBerry Storm 1 < BlackBerry Storm 2 < Motorola Droid X2 < Samsung Galaxy Nexus < Moto X
    Acer Iconia A500 < Acer Nexus 7 (2012)

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

I get bad battery life and always have on my nexus... I got my phone to about 16 hours yesterday, had less than 30 minutes of on-screen time. That's a really good day.. There is no way in hell I can get 3+ hours of on screen time... My phone has been sleeping perfectly too. Although, I do run on 4G all day.

I have the tank battery(3500mAh I think) and havent noticed any considerable differences. I use it moderately to listen to Spotify and check Twitter and Facebook frequently on 4G, I'm at 48% after 13 hours.

I turned off Google Now to test my theory that it is driving a huge battery drain via "Media." I don't know what exactly is doing it, but that usage appears to be absolutely killing my battery life. My usage has not increased too much but my battery life is about half of what it was before JB. The only cards I had active in Now were the traffic/commute and two sports teams. I would hate to see how bad battery life is with more things active in Now.

Now look. Two random reboots. The last was done by to see if I could stop the bleeding. Everytime it boots back up the battery is way lower. Wtf is going on? Wifi nearly all day except for one hour.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348682313297.jpg  

Look at it level off precisely when I turn off Google now!

Total Screen on time: Approx 50 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348683564089.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Wish people would report screen on time. That's all I care about. I don't care how long your battery lasts when you're not even using the phone.
    This

Ok, now my battery level is going up without being connected to a charger. Something is wrong with the way it is reading battery levels. It went from 6% to now 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by dcyamaha View Post
    Ok, now my battery level is going up without being connected to a charger. Something is wrong with the way it is reading battery levels. It went from 6% to now 8%.
    I've noticed the same issues, including the occasional bump UP in battery strength after some time sitting on the table. Google Now seems to be a huge draw so I turned that off. But here is an example where, with two hours on the battery, I am down to 72%. Screen time is 20 minutes. But the Media shows over an hour of activity (CPU and Keep awake). WTH is it doing?

VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2012-09-26-15-56-04.pngVZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2012-09-26-15-55-52.png

Do you have the OEM battery? Or a third party one?
    BlackBerry Curve 8300 < BlackBerry Storm 1 < BlackBerry Storm 2 < Motorola Droid X2 < Samsung Galaxy Nexus < Moto X
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by MalachyNG View Post
    Here's what I've got today using the 2100 Samsung extended battery and moderate/heavy use

My GOD...I thought I was the only one that had that problem...Except mine looked like that because it was searching for a signal.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

About the same as ICS here...

10% left, 17:30 total, 2:45 screen, OEM extended battery, auto brightness, good signal, no live wallpaper but several regularly updating widgets.

Lots of data (almost all wifi), one 15min call, no complaints!

Last edited by dookie; 09-28-2012 at 09:03 AM.

And I wish I had similar results with my 1850MAH battery. I am at 61% with being on battery for 3.5 hours. Projecting that out, I'll get about 8 hours out of the battery. Google Now is off. Screen has been on for 30 minutes.

I can just watch the battery go down. Turn on screen and it drops another percent. I don't know if the readout is wrong, but this thing is horrendous. I can see that facebook, Google+, Gmail, mail and other apps that "ping" aren't really doing anything. Maybe I have a rogue app or something.

edit: just did a power off and battery pull and am getting one of those long boots where the "Google" logo sits there.

Ok, this phone gets hot quick. It is hot to the touch now. It auto-updated 3 apps and I looked at the new youtube app for 2 minutes (didn't watch a video). Basically, for every minute of screen time, it's going down 1% in battery life.

I need suggestions. Go to Verizon and troubleshoot? or what?

VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348759537839.jpg

Above is today

Below is Yesterday. Look familiar? And its hot after uploading these two screen shots. down 5% doing just that. Something is ramping the CPU up to full blast, that's got to be it. But whatever it is, it's not showing in my battery settings menu.

edit: even though I wasn't using it, I had installed Apex Launcher 2 days ago. Just uninstalled, i'll see if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348759554888.jpg  
    Last edited by dcyamaha; 09-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.

You never answered my question about live wallpaper or widgets. Also, your cell signal is so-so, that's not helping things.

Also, you need to figure out why it is staying awake all that time when you aren't turning the screen on.

Also, show us a screen of what is using the most battery.

ROM
    AOKP

39% on Wi-Fi Playing games medium to heavy browsing and texting
    Even though the up time is only around 2 hours and 30 minutes also this is with the stock 1850 battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nothing nothing nothing

No live wallpapers and widgets are the same as in ICS. I have 4 scrollable widgets (two Gmail accounts, 1 Plume, 1 Calendar) and widgitsoid in the notification bar. I had good battery life with these before JB.

Screen shot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348764796343.jpg  

ROM
    AOKP

At least this phone charges fast.
    nothing nothing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredshoes View Post
    At least this phone charges fast.
    ha, well its not much help if its dead in about 6 hours. One thing I did do is delete APEX launcher. I had it installed, but was not using it. You can see in the screen shot that it has leveled off some. I'm wondering why SDcard is at 9% or Media is at 6%. I was accessing my gallary for a few minutes. Would that be the reason for SDcard usage?

After a little while my phone has calmed down a bit and i get pretty good battery life

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348765428806.jpg  

at 28% it leveled off, had a 12 minute phone call and it was at 20% when I hung up. Thats absurd.

edit: 25 minutes later - 8%. I've done nothing.

I talked to a verizon guy, he can give me a replacement refurb or I can try the hard reset. If I have to hard reset this, I'm going to root and rom it.
    Last edited by dcyamaha; 09-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast