Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread

How do you guys keep your screen precentage so low, mine is never below 70% and I have the 2100mah extended battery, i keep screen time out low (15secs), brightness low like 15-20%, im running stock JB. I have no live wallpapers running and the only widgets I use are the calendar widget, beautiful widgets home weather widget, music player widget, and power control widget.
    nerds are super heroes too!!!!!

I would wipe it. There is probably an app or two that is messing it up. Only load what you need.
    BlackBerry Curve 8300 < BlackBerry Storm 1 < BlackBerry Storm 2 < Motorola Droid X2 < Samsung Galaxy Nexus < Moto X
    Acer Iconia A500 < Acer Nexus 7 (2012)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP

I'm at 3 hours screen time with wifi on and really only texting battery is around 28%
    Does this seem pretty good or?

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I'm at 3 hours screen time with wifi on and really only texting battery is around 28%
    Does this seem pretty good or?
    nothing nothing nothing

OK. Now I'm having great battery life. I installed OS Monitor to see what was going on. Couldn't really tell but I could see the CPU was running @ 50%+ for no reason. I got rid of some apps including light flow. I also removed a lot of widgets although I out two back on.

Looking at the screen shot and comparing it to others, awake time is way way down. Praying things stay this way. Mind you, I took it off the charger at 88%. So I'm getting close to 20 hours on this charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348796431392.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    markabele likes this.

Was pretty pleased with this. My wife and I Skyped some during this. I had the bluetooth on the whole time and Torque is a battery hog for any phone.

I should mention my battery is just a bit bigger than the OEM.
    BlackBerry Curve 8300 < BlackBerry Storm 1 < BlackBerry Storm 2 < Motorola Droid X2 < Samsung Galaxy Nexus < Moto X
    Thanked by:
    babytazz18 likes this.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I'm fairly satisfied with this. Not on wifi too much today and a decent amount of calling/texting. A lot of podcast listening and a bit of game playing. Not to mention some YouTube now and then. Total screen on time was about 3 hours. A chunk of battery was wasted downloading all the data that comes with FIFA 12.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    babytazz18 likes this.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm going to try OS Monitor and see if that helps me find why my screen usage is so high. Thanks1

Quote Originally Posted by babytazz18 View Post
    I'm going to try OS Monitor and see if that helps me find why my screen usage is so high. Thanks1
    How long of battery life are you getting?

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

on average 5-6 hrs on samsung 2100 mah battery. Thats with only google sync on for contacts and gmail. Gmail pulls every 15 minutes. All social networks are manual sync and notifications are off. Screen brightness is about 15-20% and timeout is 15 seconds.

That's weird...and you are running stock JB? How old is your battery?

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yes, everything is stock. I purchased the battery from verizon in july.

I don't know what I did, but now I'm getting the best battery life I've ever had. Ha ha! 12 hours and still at 47%. Stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    AOKP

This is today, stayed on 3g ( don't really NEED 4g most of the time) light web browsing some gaming lol and texting also had my screen brightness on around 70%
    nothing nothing nothing

Bone stock. 2100 battery. Currently at 12 percent. No wifi, no BT. 4G most of the time.

VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1348927728217.jpg

Just remember to anyone posting battery times. Your number is 100% meaningless unless you post screen on times as well.
    Thanked by:

I am getting great standby time. Better than ive EVER HAD. However, when the screen is on it gets hot ver quickly and the battery goes extraordinarily fast. Like I am intensive gaming or something even though I'm only using chrome. Will do more testing to see if it continues.

I've learned a great trick. I've downloaded a 4G/3G toggle widget. 4G is a HUGE battery hog. And I'm learning there are very few times throughout the day that I actually need 4G compared to 3G.

I had a 4g toggle, but it didn't work with JB. Which one are you using, mark?

None of them truly switch it. All they can do is take you to the menu screen that switches it. The one I am using is called 4G Toggle.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Wish I remembered to take screenshots... but yesterday with Google Now location stuff off (don't use it) and a fairly normal use case for me (50% 4G, 50% WiFi, texting, checking social feeds, low birghtness) I got through to 16.5 hours with 23% and 1.5 hrs screen on. Stock, unrooted 4.1.1, stock battery. Actually my battery was at 55% at the 15.5 hour mark with a half hour's worth of screen time, but I purposely wanted to see how fast the battery would drain with constant screen on. As a new Nexus owner, it's a bit surprising (seeing as some get at least an hour more). Maybe it's time I root/ROM and/or get the 2100mAh extended battery.

EDIT: I may root simply for the sake of stopping down the brightness levels. I spend a lot of my day outside, so I need autobrightness and it seems to be way too high to me.
    Last edited by Armada; 10-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.

I agree with a prior poster that the most likely cause of poor battery time is an app. I use Gsam Battery Monitor and it tells you which apps are hogging CPU time. Its helped me figure out numerous times which apps dont play well with the system. I think they have a free version but I did buy the Pro version.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread

Quote Originally Posted by narrow_minded View Post
    Too busy playing with it? :-P

I'm just asking because I'm looking to get the GNex on Monday. I'm getting it at Best Buy so that I can exchange it for free if it doesn't work out. But it'd be cool to know ahead of time what to expect with battery life. I haven't heard great things so far.
    I would hold off to see what Google releases for its new Nexus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

I just got back from a trip to China... airplane mode the whole time..
    I can say that 4G is a major battery hog....
    Even running wifi all day, I still would have 40% at the end of a day (12+ hrs)
    -Danny

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2012-10-02-02-12-34.png
    VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2012-10-02-02-12-41.png
    VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread-screenshot_2012-10-02-02-12-49.png

My results from yesterday with 3G all day. I probably could have pushed 1.5 hours again. Rooted and trying with Trinity+stock for a few days. If no significant gains I'll try out some ROMs. I've heard RasBeanJelly is good. I hope it has brightness options.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyro77 View Post
    I agree with a prior poster that the most likely cause of poor battery time is an app. I use Gsam Battery Monitor and it tells you which apps are hogging CPU time. Its helped me figure out numerous times which apps dont play well with the system. I think they have a free version but I did buy the Pro version.
    You do realize the stock OS tells you all this information in settings? Really no reason to run yet another app.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast