VZW JB Update - Battery Life Thread

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping those of you who have updated to the official Jellybean build from Verizon could tell us what your battery life is like? Any differences (good or bad)?

(If you post numbers, please tell whether or not you're using the extended battery.)

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are using Google Now to its fullest potential, you WILL take a hit on battery life vs ICS due to it using location services a lot to give you relevant information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My 2100 battery last 3hours then need a charge thats no WiFi WiFi about 4 hours

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
No idea, I've never been off charger enough times and long enough to get down to 20% while on JB ;).

Too busy playing with it? :p

I'm just asking because I'm looking to get the GNex on Monday. I'm getting it at Best Buy so that I can exchange it for free if it doesn't work out. But it'd be cool to know ahead of time what to expect with battery life. I haven't heard great things so far.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, then, can you say how long you are able to make it off the charger before the GNex gets to 20%? Mention your usage patterns too.

Here's what I've got today using the 2100 Samsung extended battery and moderate/heavy use

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348416875385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348416875385.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 215

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems exactly the same as it did with ics. Google now is off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Some of you guys' battery life seems really bad. I have been off the charger for about 4-5 hours with moderate use (testing, a phone call, Tapatalk, some web browsing, etc). I still have 80 percent left.
I am using the 2100 Samsung extended battery and I am on wifi.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Some of you guys' battery life seems really bad. I have been off the charger for about 4-5 hours with moderate use (testing, a phone call, Tapatalk, some web browsing, etc). I still have 80 percent left.
I am using the 2100 Samsung extended battery and I am on wifi.

I think it's a mix of me using Pandora all morning on LTE and my extended battery being new. It's only gone through a few cycles and may still be calibrating

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Wish people would report screen on time. That's all I care about. I don't care how long your battery lasts when you're not even using the phone.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wish people would report screen on time. That's all I care about. I don't care how long your battery lasts when you're not even using the phone.

Battery life is so subjective and pointless to compare, IMO. Even with screen on time you need to know their brightness setting, apps running, cell coverage, if on 3g or 4g or wifi, what you are doing with that screen on time (browsing Web vs playing games is going to make a HUGE difference), etc etc.. You get the idea. :)

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seems to be slightly better for me, only one data point though. Currently at 73% available after 11 hr using my Seidio 3800mah (LTE/GPS on, bluetooth/wifi off, auto brightness, half of Google Now features on)... normal usage, mostly internet browsing, phone calls, txting.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've found that using the extended battery shortens battery life more than the stock one does. I use the stock battery and live in a 4g area and get a full days use with moderate usage

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How to turn off Google search after jelly bean update, eating my battery

im assuming you mean google Now polling?

open google now (hold the home button and swipe up to "google"
scroll all the way down to the bottom to "show more cards" and hit the three dots on the right notating a menu
settings
google now
ON/Off button top right.

hope that helped

isosunrise

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've found that using the extended battery shortens battery life more than the stock one does. I use the stock battery and live in a 4g area and get a full days use with moderate usage

That is not physically possible, assuming you have non-defective, non-cheap extended batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1