Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Need help with google now

    My Google now was showing sports cards for my baseball team and football team. I have both teams selected for favorite teams. Now when I talk into Google now and say new York Yankees it only shows me web results no more score card. But the football one still works anyone know how to fix this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    I think you have to tell it what you want. Like show me New York Yankee's score.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by ejaymd11 View Post
    I think you have to tell it what you want. Like show me New York Yankee's score.
    Tried that and no luck. It worked fine earlier today then it just shows web results now. Idk how to fix it. The football one works.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    Tried that and no luck. It worked fine earlier today then it just shows web results now. Idk how to fix it. The football one works.
    Mine is doing the same. The Steelers football card is still showing but no card for the Yankees. I'm just gonna go in the settings and send a bug report.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by efyoiphone View Post
    Mine is doing the same. The Steelers football card is still showing but no card for the Yankees. I'm just gonna go in the settings and send a bug report.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    OK so its not just me. Thanks for that feed back. All football teams work on mine but no baseball team cards pop up.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    OK so its not just me. Thanks for that feed back. All football teams work on mine but no baseball team cards pop up.
    No problem. GNow is a nice add on but it still needs some minor tweaks. I send feedback from the settings menu and it usually gets fixed rather quick.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by efyoiphone View Post
    No problem. GNow is a nice add on but it still needs some minor tweaks. I send feedback from the settings menu and it usually gets fixed rather quick.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I did the same thing and now it works again. Thanks again.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    You can add teams in settings for Google Now under sports. Did you try it?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    I did the same thing and now it works again. Thanks again.
    Ask it if the Yankees won. Its telling me no they lost 9 - 10 when the card says the Yanks won 10 - 9 lol. They'll get it straight though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by efyoiphone View Post
    Ask it if the Yankees won. Its telling me no they lost 9 - 10 when the card says the Yanks won 10 - 9 lol. They'll get it straight though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Same for me. Haha and yea they will. Still beats siri though.
  11. #11  
    menschmaschine5's Avatar

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    I just want to know how it figures out where "home" and "work" are. There's no setting for it, so I guess it learns on its own? And can there be more locations (I have an apartment, a job, and I go to school...)?

    Also, I wish they'd allow extra innings on the baseball card. Last night's Yankees - A's game went 14 innings, and for all of the extra ones they said it was the 9th inning (and the 4 runs each team got in one of the overtime innings showed up as being in the 8th inning, and the winning run was in the 9th on the card)

    It's very useful - particularly public transit (for the rare occasion when I use it here, but I imagine it will be eminently useful when I visit my parents in NYC and want to take trains to visit friends in NJ, etc - also I can imagine the places cards being very useful in NYC) - but it definitely needs some tweaking. This will probably happen as it gains users.
  12. #12  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by menschmaschine5 View Post
    I just want to know how it figures out where "home" and "work" are. There's no setting for it, so I guess it learns on its own? And can there be more locations (I have an apartment, a job, and I go to school...)?

    Also, I wish they'd allow extra innings on the baseball card. Last night's Yankees - A's game went 14 innings, and for all of the extra ones they said it was the 9th inning (and the 4 runs each team got in one of the overtime innings showed up as being in the 8th inning, and the winning run was in the 9th on the card)

    It's very useful - particularly public transit (for the rare occasion when I use it here, but I imagine it will be eminently useful when I visit my parents in NYC and want to take trains to visit friends in NJ, etc - also I can imagine the places cards being very useful in NYC) - but it definitely needs some tweaking. This will probably happen as it gains users.
    You have to enable Latitude, set your home and work locations in there and it will start showing up in Google Now

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by menschmaschine5 View Post
    I just want to know how it figures out where "home" and "work" are. There's no setting for it, so I guess it learns on its own? And can there be more locations (I have an apartment, a job, and I go to school...)?
    Enter the settings menu and tap 'privacy & accounts'. Then tap 'manage location history'. This will sign you into GMaps and open the location sharing settings. Adjust those to taste then exit settings. Tap the GMaps icon in upper left corner. When menu drops down select 'my places'. So far as other places I would suggest the next time you are at 1 of those places that you do a check-in with latitude or tap on nearby places in maps and manually enter the info for the location.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  
    satchmojr's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Hi all,
    I come back to the Treat about sports cards. I've chose the Los Angeles Lakers as team. The card shows me the result. So no problem.
    But when i want to see the recap or the results, Google switches to my browser (Google Chrome) and tells mee: " NBA.com ... there were too many redirects.. "

    Any ideas?

    Thx

    (i'm using a Galaxy Nexus phone)
  15. #15  
    gregs1213's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    I've never got it to show me the scores automatically even though I use it for every Laker and Raider game...
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Not seeing any Google now cards automatically, been collecting Google location and search history for over a month now and still don't even see weather for my locations. Anyone have any suggestions? I phoned Google support who claimed that now would not display any cards automatically but would display in response to searches only. Doesn't seem to match up with the claims made by Google about now.
  17. #17  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kibble View Post
    Not seeing any Google now cards automatically, been collecting Google location and search history for over a month now and still don't even see weather for my locations. Anyone have any suggestions? I phoned Google support who claimed that now would not display any cards automatically but would display in response to searches only. Doesn't seem to match up with the claims made by Google about now.
    You don't see any cards? Are you sure you have Now turned on? Open Search (tap the search bar) and hit the action bar, then settings, and check it.. Screenshots to show.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help with google now-uploadfromtaptalk1358808242975.jpg   Need help with google now-uploadfromtaptalk1358808250753.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Need help with google now

    Yes I'm sure, tried all the easy stuff like turning on/off and checking search and location history etc but I've still got nothing!

    Thanks for your reply

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with google music
    By Voltan89 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM
  2. Need help with google+
    By abocornwall in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
  3. Need Help With Google Voice Installation.
    By DeadPool in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 09:30 AM
  4. Need some help with Google Calendar
    By Paevo in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
  5. I need help with google calendar
    By lindseyb122 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions