Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & Tricks

Now when taking video you can touch the screen to take a picture. Did know this was on JB.

When playing audio over Bluetooth, a little toggle appears to let you play sound from the phone while still connected. I've seen it in the Music and YouTube apps. Nice little touch.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

everything BUT the notifications
    sorry, i should have tested it before commenting.

I have some issues with Google Now.
    I have google now turned off for now. I don't like my phone to keep pinging me, unless I have a call, email, vm or text.

---------- Post Merged at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Now when taking video you can touch the screen to take a picture.
    I haven't used the stock camera for a very long time. I use CameraZoom because it has anti shake, which is the most important feature for a very jittery SGN. SGN is the blurry cam queen, even in moderate day light. I also use HDR app. but I am glad to read that they have worked on the stock camera.

Also if i slide the screen unlock to the left (camera) I get a pop up option for which camera app I want to launch, stock, Zoom or HDR which is really a nice new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    sorry, i should have tested it before commenting.

I have google now turned off for now. I don't like my phone to keep pinging me, unless I have a call, email, vm or text.

---------- Post Merged at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I haven't used the stock camera for a very long time. I use CameraZoom because it has anti shake, which is the most important feature for a very jittery SGN. SGN is the blurry cam queen, even in moderate day light. I also use HDR app. but I am glad to read that they have worked on the stock camera.

Also if i slide the screen unlock to the left (camera) I get a pop up option for which camera app I want to launch, stock, Zoom or HDR which is really a nice new feature.

Yeah I use HDR most of the time. Have Zoom also but never even thought about using it for video.

Tapatalk mofo
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

You can't use Zoom for video. there is a video button that takes you to the stock camera for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA77 View Post
    You can't use Zoom for video. there is a video button that takes you to the stock camera for that.
    Well there you go. But you can do time lapse. Shows you how much I use it LOL

Tapatalk mofo

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

How did anyone get a camera app to work on JB? My stock camera app acts like it's taking pictures by swiping an image to the side, but nothing appears in the gallery anymore. When I try HDR it takes the pictures, decodes them, lets me apply settings, but is "unable to save" is the error dialog box I get.

Would be nice that things work, especially when I was counting on using this all weekend long, only to find out on the first attempted use it doesn't work. I've reset the phone multiple times over the past few days since my JB update (Saturday night, so almost a week now).

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Now when taking video you can touch the screen to take a picture. Did know this was on JB.
    Well there you go. But you can do time lapse. Shows you how much I use it LOL

Tapatalk mofo
    You could take a photo while shooting video in ICS, actually. And I'm pretty sure time-lapse was also there, but I'm not positive -- I used Camera ICS+ before the upgrade, and that had the time lapse feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    You could take a photo while shooting video in ICS, actually. And I'm pretty sure time-lapse was also there, but I'm not positive -- I used Camera ICS+ before the upgrade, and that had the time lapse feature.

ICS always had time lapse but not taking a picture while taking video

Tapatalk mofo

ROM
    Stock/Franco

ICS always had time lapse but not taking a picture while taking video

Tapatalk mofo
    Ics let you take pics from a video. I have done it many times. The Animation was nonexistent for notifying that a picture was taken though . The boarder just turns red. Same as with jb.

Take a pic while videoing = JB
    Take a pic from a video but not while videoing = ICS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyo View Post
    Take a pic while videoing = JB
    Take a pic from a video but not while videoing = ICS
    False. While videoing was in ICS as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    False. While videoing was in ICS as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    This

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings and Fixes

Since my JB update, usually takes 3-1/2 mins to reboot/startup if previously turned off (3 mins of stationary white Google logo, then ~ 25 secs with new X logo). However, every now and then it goes directly to the new X logo and boots up in 25 secs. Otherwise seems to be working fine. Weird!

BTW, I'm running stock Verizon galaxy nexus, never rooted.

Anybody else having this issue?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Yeah. Same thing happens to me. Have no idea what's going on. Tried a battery pull but that changed nothing.

Battery pull likewise ineffective.

Of note, my device d/l the JB update via WiFi while I happened to be abroad on a European vacation. I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it!

Is there a way (short of wiping the phone or rooting) to force a REINSTALL of JB from a fresh Verizon d/l?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I've noted before, JB bootups can take a while, and you might be stuck at the Google splash screen for what seems like a ridiculously long time, but DO NOT pull the battery. Just sit tight and let it do its thing. It's some new file system checks that occur during boot, and over time and a number of reboots they will correct themselves and you'll get back to normal boot times

I liked the original ICS search bar as well just being the rounded rectangular white line that was clear too. My camera finally works great now. I was getting "cannot connect to camera" all the time, even after the 404 fix and would have to reset the phone or pull the battery to reset. Especially if i took pics and let the camera go to sleep and close the screen. Now it hasn't done it all. Also the notification light was messed up for me too, i went into lightflow and reset it twice and now all the lights show up in the colors i specified for each notification.
    Also has anyone noticed a lot of apps not working or not working well with JellyBean? Foxfi doesn't work anymore, and some apps act weird too. I read there are 2 other wifi tether apps that you don't have to root, so I'm trying those. Also My TuneIn Radio Pro resets my phone when ever I set the sleep timer either 90 or 120 mins and listening to the radio when i go to bed. Also my swiftkey has been acting funny trying to type in browser search on google page after searching and deleting for new search, when I tap on the words nothing happens even though the keyboard is up and wont type or delete original search topic.
    And what else can you use Google Now for other than Sports and weather and Flights with the cards? I like the live updates for the baseball with innings and scores & I already get text from a local am radio station about the Cardinals here, but just end of game highlights and score.

For Cohiba22--You might want to try Omega Status Bar, non root for customizing your bar at top and I think slide down notifications too, i read about it on droid-life website.

I had to uninstall Google Search and everything worked great!

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by harleyb16 View Post
    How did you fix notification lights?

Also, I don't understand the difference between Google now and Google search.

Finally, I can't get either service to properly call a business. Like pizza hut. It always gets what I say perfect "call pizza hut" or "call pizza hut in Roy" but it suggest contacts instead of the business. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by cridleyjr View Post

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

It will quit working shortly. I tried this, and after a few minutes, it was back to not working. However, if I *type* the query, it works perfectly. Sounds like a bug to me.

Can anyone else that is experiencing the problem please post or click the "Me too!" button here:

Thanks!

Default documenr viewer has stopped

Same experience for me. Clicked yes for android update and ended up unable to read my downloaded PDF. Very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ho View Post
    Same experience for me. Clicked yes for android update and ended up unable to read my downloaded PDF. Very frustrating.

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & : I can't open my camera!

I have a galaxy nexus on Verizon and I an rooted on the stock jelly bean update from Verizon. I was following instructions on how to get the 4.2 camera and I followed them correctly and now I don't have a camera. I tried reflashing but that didn't work. I've done everything but nothing works. I've checked permissions, made sure it was in the right folder, reinstalled it. And my backup didn't save right. I cannot doo a factory reset and I need a fix with PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS. Please help.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123