Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP

Default Not charging while powered on?

My phone won't charge at all while its turned on I've tried different cables different bricks and have plugged it into my computer but still no go. But, when I turn it off it apparently is charging..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    nothing nothing nothing
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Not charging while powered on?

Okay so I did a battery pull and when I booted up it was at 54% when I did the pull it was at 10% also notice how it says "not charging" instead of discharging and notice the sudden drop and then rise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nothing nothing nothing

I've just started having this charging issue too, when previously the past 12 months I haven't. It only charges when it's off. And when it's on, the battery drains like crazy when previously I've had no problems.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones

I had the same thing, I think it's a hardware issue. Lucky mine was still under warranty

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Same issue here but has since went away. Mine started acting up when I got some water in the charging port. Once the water dried away I guess, it started working fine again.

I read around that the usb pin inside the charging port can be bent the wrong way. Use a toothpick to bend that pin more towards the screen and you should be good to go. I don't know how that makes it work technically, but it worked for me. Phone is now charging while on, and says "Charging (USB)" when I have it plugged in.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones

Many thanks guys!!! the last one worked fine for me... just a little push the inside pin (the one with the cupper contacts) with a plastic stick and carefully. It actually works as it did till yesterday night, thanks again community, it was a great headache for many hours (I was even searching for replacement parts and reading workarounds even worst).
    Regards.

Exclamation Re: Not charging while powered on?

when i off my phone its shows charging ,, when i turn it on its not charging !!
    but when its off it should be charging right instead its not charging at all !!