JB - Google search bar/Google Now

lawlipop

May 26, 2010
Visit site
After my JB update i went to Apps > All > and disabled google search because i did not like the look of the grey bar on top of the screen. However, disabling the Search bar just left me a empty grey bar.

Does anyone know how to get google search/now back? Its not in Apps > All anymore. I have nova launcher, but it doesnt seem to be compatible with JB yet. Help?

UPDATE: did a battery pull and the grey bar disappeared. In order to enable it again, i had to install Google Search from the Play Store and then Uninstall updates in Apps > all. It asked if i wanted to go back to factory settings and i said yes. Now the bar is back.

Last edited:

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After my JB update i went to Apps > All > and disabled google search because i did not like the look of the grey bar on top of the screen. However, disabling the Search bar just left me a empty grey bar.

Does anyone know how to get google search/now back? Its not in Apps > All anymore. I have nova launcher, but it doesnt seem to be compatible with JB yet. Help?

UPDATE: did a battery pull and the grey bar disappeared. In order to enable it again, i had to install Google Search from the Play Store and then Uninstall updates in Apps > all. It asked if i wanted to go back to factory settings and i said yes. Now the bar is back.

Nova launcher is compatible with jelly bean. I'm using it. Been using it for awhile now. If its not working for you (assuming your are not rooted) you could try apex launcher. But if you are rooted make sure u have the latest Google apps

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Look for home screen settings and find the setting to turn off the persistent search bar. That takes it off the screen but keeps Google Now working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC