Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Default 10 Ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Re: Pano in S3. Great news. Can you tell me the steps to get there? I don't have an S3 but a coworker couldn't figure out how to do panoramic photos on her S3. Help would be appreciated.
    When in the camera app on the left hand side there is an icon that looks like a frame, it's right in the center of all the icons. Click on this.

This is the shooting menu.

Scroll down and select the panorama option

You're all done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 Ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1348870412.429785.jpg  

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Default Re: 10 Ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    it has NOT been on the iphone. u just said it. 3RD PARTY apps have it. not the iphone but a 3rd party until apple realized oh well i guess people want it, lets add it and pretend we invented it.
    BINGO! Hit the nail on the head.

Then they pretend they invented it and mindless iSheep eat it up. It's pretty pathetic really.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I can give WAY MORE than 10 reasons

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    I agree for the most part. I think the updates are necessary as we get more demanding hardware and apps. Yeah, not perfect, but it's good.

Using the GS3 and I have a Nexus 7. Seeing the difference between the two though makes me want JB on the GS3.
    I just got the JB update on my Transformer Prime and I am a bit underwhelmed by the feel of it. It's definitely faster than ics but I was expecting more with project butter. This has always been the thing Apple has had on Android. Their touch screen is so responsive. I still wouldn't trade it for an iPad but... Just wish it was better.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    And ALL of the network news doesn't lean extremely left, and tell you what they want you to hear? Someone has to report on that ***** that we have in office.
    If you think hes bad, you should have seen the ***** we had in there before him...lol.

I know a way it doesn't: battery life

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Well my HTC desire, Sgs2 and both my Asus tablets all came with out of the box file managers so not sure what you are talking about.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    I'm talking about stock though... most manufacturers add them but it's not part of pure Android

You can certainly access SD/internal storage but it's not the whole phone...

(though you can access other parts easily enough)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by vivek615 View Post
    I'm talking about stock though... most manufacturers add them but it's not part of pure Android

Well stock for me is whatever comes out of the box. 3 devices all had it. The asus tabs are supposed to be pure android so I don't know. Maybe the Gnex doesn't but out of the 50 or so choices in android phones I would bet 45 or more have a file manager.

Android Evangelist

Originally Posted by vivek615

Well stock for me is whatever comes out of the box. 3 devices all had it. The asus tabs are supposed to be pure android so I don't know. Maybe the Gnex doesn't but out of the 50 or so choices in android phones I would bet 45 or more have a file manager.

Don't have the #s and your point makes sense... just trying to be accurate by stating that it's not inherent...

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Thanks. I appreciate the comments

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
    Speak for yourself. My 3VO can easily last a whole day for me with pretty heavy use.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Speak for yourself. My 3VO can easily last a whole day for me with pretty heavy use.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    Me too

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Are we pretending Motorola doesn't make phones? More specifically ones with a Maxx attached to its name ... but seriously, the 4S wasn't exactly known for its battery life.
    I'm actually curious to see "real world" battery life after the first two-three weeks on the i5.

That may have been your personal experience. Mine is completely different.

Most of the time battery life is determined by the apps installed. I know people that can't go two hours without running their battery out. I also know people that can go 16 hours on a single charge. This is true with both Android and iPhones.

But, here's the difference: The iPhone people always carry a charger and look around for AC outlets when they enter a place. You can tell the iPhone people at a party because they're the ones hovering around the wall outlet. As an Android user I keep an extra battery in my pocket. I haven't used it in over a month because I easily get 12-14 hours out of my GNex, but I never, ever think about an AC outlet because I know there's another 14 hours of battery life in my pocket.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Yup. Bingo. I do the same

Android Evangelist

High end Android phones have big screen... don't be surprised if you have to pay attention to keeping your phone charged...

No phone has it all... iPhone users complain about having to compensate for lag issues... big screen phone users have to accept that we have to take power into account.. remember to charge up and you'll do fine

badbrad17 likes this.
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Get real. Who cares if an app is built-in or 3rd party. In fact, 3rd party apps get more updates and are easier to uninstall. Both Android and iOS are all about 3rd party apps. There's nothing wrong with that.

I have used the built in panorama on the iPhone and its smooth and effortless. Apple can certainly take credit for perfecting the feature.

No but you can believe what you wish

Obviously you didn't follow Obama's election. He can thank the left wing media for that. ONE conservative news program gets bashed by those who suck down all the liberal trash from Huffington post and 50 others.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

High end Android phones have big screen... don't be surprised if you have to pay attention to keeping your phone charged...

No phone has it all... iPhone users complain about having to compensate for lag issues... big screen phone users have to accept that we have to take power into account.. remember to charge up and you'll do fine

What lag issues? I have had zero since I went from Android to iPhone.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I believe the site you are looking for is imore.com.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Glad to hear it. Not everyone experiences or notices all issues.... lag is a relative concept...

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Obviously you didn't follow Obama's election. He can thank the left wing media for that. ONE conservative news program gets bashed by those who suck down all the liberal trash from Huffington post and 50 others.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    This does not really feel like the place for me to discuss this ... but you may want to reconsider reaching such a fast conclusion about my knowledge ( or lack thereof) on a subject I have hardly discussed.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And what's with the sneak Obama attacks all of a sudden anyway:screwy: lol but back on topic I can easily think of way more than ten ways android is better for ME ymmv

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Default 10 Ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    That may have been your personal experience. Mine is completely different.

Most of the time battery life is determined by the apps installed. I know people that can't go two hours without running their battery out. I also know people that can go 16 hours on a single charge. This is true with both Android and iPhones.

But, here's the difference: The iPhone people always carry a charger and look around for AC outlets when they enter a place. You can tell the iPhone people at a party because they're the ones hovering around the wall outlet. As an Android user I keep an extra battery in my pocket. I haven't used it in over a month because I easily get 12-14 hours out of my GNex, but I never, ever think about an AC outlet because I know there's another 14 hours of battery life in my pocket.
    Uh, that's not true. My iPhone 4S got far better battery life than my GS3. I have to carry around an extra battery because its so pathetic. I never had to carry around my charger for my iPhone. The problem is that android isn't efficient at managing hardware and software, iOS is. Period, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    Uh, that's not true. My iPhone 4S got far better battery life than my GS3. I have to carry around an extra battery because its so pathetic. I never had to carry around my charger for my iPhone. The problem is that android isn't efficient at managing hardware and software, iOS is. Period, it's a fact.
    Yeah but you're comparing a gs3 to a phone which has a pretty small screen...

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast