10 Ways Android still beats the new iPhone 5

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I know a way it doesn't: battery life

Are we pretending Motorola doesn't make phones? More specifically ones with a Maxx attached to its name :p... but seriously, the 4S wasn't exactly known for its battery life.
I'm actually curious to see "real world" battery life after the first two-three weeks on the i5.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I know a way it doesn't: battery life

That may have been your personal experience. Mine is completely different.

Most of the time battery life is determined by the apps installed. I know people that can't go two hours without running their battery out. I also know people that can go 16 hours on a single charge. This is true with both Android and iPhones.

But, here's the difference: The iPhone people always carry a charger and look around for AC outlets when they enter a place. You can tell the iPhone people at a party because they're the ones hovering around the wall outlet. As an Android user I keep an extra battery in my pocket. I haven't used it in over a month because I easily get 12-14 hours out of my GNex, but I never, ever think about an AC outlet because I know there's another 14 hours of battery life in my pocket.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
High end Android phones have big screen... don't be surprised if you have to pay attention to keeping your phone charged...

No phone has it all... iPhone users complain about having to compensate for lag issues... big screen phone users have to accept that we have to take power into account.. remember to charge up and you'll do fine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Get real. Who cares if an app is built-in or 3rd party. In fact, 3rd party apps get more updates and are easier to uninstall. Both Android and iOS are all about 3rd party apps. There's nothing wrong with that.

I have used the built in panorama on the iPhone and its smooth and effortless. Apple can certainly take credit for perfecting the feature.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No but you can believe what you wish

Obviously you didn't follow Obama's election. He can thank the left wing media for that. ONE conservative news program gets bashed by those who suck down all the liberal trash from Huffington post and 50 others.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
High end Android phones have big screen... don't be surprised if you have to pay attention to keeping your phone charged...

No phone has it all... iPhone users complain about having to compensate for lag issues... big screen phone users have to accept that we have to take power into account.. remember to charge up and you'll do fine

What lag issues? I have had zero since I went from Android to iPhone.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Obviously you didn't follow Obama's election. He can thank the left wing media for that. ONE conservative news program gets bashed by those who suck down all the liberal trash from Huffington post and 50 others.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

This does not really feel like the place for me to discuss this ... but you may want to reconsider reaching such a fast conclusion about my knowledge ( or lack thereof) on a subject I have hardly discussed.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And what's with the sneak Obama attacks all of a sudden anyway:screwy: lol but back on topic I can easily think of way more than ten ways android is better for ME ymmv

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That may have been your personal experience. Mine is completely different.

Most of the time battery life is determined by the apps installed. I know people that can't go two hours without running their battery out. I also know people that can go 16 hours on a single charge. This is true with both Android and iPhones.

But, here's the difference: The iPhone people always carry a charger and look around for AC outlets when they enter a place. You can tell the iPhone people at a party because they're the ones hovering around the wall outlet. As an Android user I keep an extra battery in my pocket. I haven't used it in over a month because I easily get 12-14 hours out of my GNex, but I never, ever think about an AC outlet because I know there's another 14 hours of battery life in my pocket.

Uh, that's not true. My iPhone 4S got far better battery life than my GS3. I have to carry around an extra battery because its so pathetic. I never had to carry around my charger for my iPhone. The problem is that android isn't efficient at managing hardware and software, iOS is. Period, it's a fact.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Uh, that's not true. My iPhone 4S got far better battery life than my GS3. I have to carry around an extra battery because its so pathetic. I never had to carry around my charger for my iPhone. The problem is that android isn't efficient at managing hardware and software, iOS is. Period, it's a fact.

Yeah but you're comparing a gs3 to a phone which has a pretty small screen...

frethnker

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Interesting article and good for a laugh, and but I learned not to get in to it with the isheep. Regardless of what specs or hardware you bring up many of them just snub their nose at you and claim their Iphone is far superior to whatever android device you're using at the time. It's very frustrating so I've learned to stay away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

habanophile

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The thing I love is how the iclone users will claim everyone wants a 5 because of their "outdated tech". I'm like, dude, your BRAND NEW phone is completely outdated at INCEPTION!