1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default when will official Jelly Bean OTA update be avaiable via 4G network? (NOT wifi)

when will official Jelly Bean OTA update be avaiable via 4G network? (NOT wifi)

thanks!

Default Re: when will official Jelly Bean OTA update be avaiable via 4G network? (NOT wifi)

To be honest I don't tink I have ever seen an ota as of late that was ota via the cellular networks. It may only be via WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: when will official Jelly Bean OTA update be avaiable via 4G network? (NOT wifi)

You gotta be kidding.....
    Why would 4G be left out when some of us don't have wi-fi available? What's supposed to happen after October 3rd?
    Btw, I received 4.0.4 via 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by mds54 View Post
    You gotta be kidding.....
    Why would 4G be left out when some of us don't have wi-fi available? What's supposed to happen after October 3rd?
    Btw, I received 4.0.4 via 4G.
    I was just saying I haven't seen one available via the cellular network. Never said it wasn't possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

There are free wifi hotspots everywhere. I don't think you're in as bad of a position as you think you are.

I didn't load my OTA right away as I was about to commute when I received it. When I checked the system update page in settings after I received it, it said "via WiFi only until Oct. 4." This suggests to me that it will be pushed OTA via mobile network after October 4. What's the alternative? They pull it and you're SOL?

EDIT: Also, I know for a fact I got 4.0.4 over LTE because I was at my parent's house, where they have 25Mbps on LTE, so I don't bother connecting to their crappy Comcast 10Mbps. Granted, that was only 34MB and this one is, IIRC, 145MB. So that may have been a factor.

ROM
    AOKP

When I got the OTA it said Oct. 2nd but it seems like they keep pushing it back
    nothing nothing nothing

ROM
    Stock

Mine still says October 3rd.....
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by mds54 View Post
    Mine still says October 3rd.....
    my friend's GN now says wifi only until October 6.

ROM
    Stock

Go to Macdonalds
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kchevy View Post
    Go to Macdonalds
    This
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    This
    not when the nearest McDonald's is 30 miles away....
    (but it's 1 mile shorter than the nearest library
    with wifi)

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you have 4g shouldn't you be near a city centre with McDonalds/Starbucks etc? Or is it only hspa+ that you have? Sounds like you get to play the waiting game... Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Tab 7 (Original)
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

update:

OTA Jelly Bean arrived on wife's Galaxy Nexus via 4G this morning. At least Verizon kept its promise.

ROM
    Stock

Yep... got JB automatically via 4G on Oct 3rd....very cool!

A McDonalds that's 30 miles away???? Where do you live???