1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen scratches.

Hey guys. So about a month ago I decided to take the zagg screen protector off as I grew tired of it. Already the screen has some noticeable scratches on it. I take good care of my phones and its annoying when I'm reading something, specifically when the background is white, and the scratches show up pretty clearly. Is this something anyone has experienced? I'm guessing I should just deal with it but I don't remember my other phones scratching this bad if at call.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Screen scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by landofthedroid View Post
    Hey guys. So about a month ago I decided to take the zagg screen protector off as I grew tired of it. Already the screen has some noticeable scratches on it. I take good care of my phones and its annoying when I'm reading something, specifically when the background is white, and the scratches show up pretty clearly. Is this something anyone has experienced? I'm guessing I should just deal with it but I don't remember my other phones scratching this bad if at call.

I have never used a screen protector for any real stretch of time and have never had any scratches...but I also go to great lengths to ensure that nothing touches the screen.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

No scratches here. Naked in belt pouch or in phone compartment in car. Have had it since December 2011. Might be different if you carry it in pocket (or purse) with keys, etc. I have found over the years that screen protectors are more trouble than they are worth to me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I guess I'm just being too picky. Its just funny how I baby my phone yet my brother will toss his razr around and has been scratched repeatedly by our dog yet his screen and phone are fine

Within then first week of me buying my nexus back in December I put it in the same pocket as I keep my keys without thinking and ended up with a decent scratch on the screen. Unfortunately its just something you're going to have to live with. Hopefully the next nexus will have gorilla glass in it.

College student that spends far too much money on phones.

Had my s3 for 3 weeks and the screen got scratched... I take care of it too.

Sent from my GT-I9300

All of my past phones always remained scratch free without a screen protector, but within a few months my Nexus had a scratch. It's always in a pocket by itself too.

ROM
    AOKP JB Build 3

Only have one tiny nick in the screen, but that's from falling 4 feet flush on it's face on stone tile floor. The cool thing is that the 4g icon covers it up perfectly when on my home screen.
    Unlock, Root, Unleash.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Sorry to bring this back from the dead... I was getting annoyed at my screen protector, on how its never on perfectly. So I went on YouTube for some advice... and came across this video.

I thought it was pretty cool.. anyone able to find it For their phone?