Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default pandora and weather apps close

I cant get pandora to work at all and the weather channel app has issues.

If i try and pull up pandora it says that it had to close. The weather channel app did this to me when I clicked on the maps. I shut the phone off and turned it back on and the weather app works but pandora does not.

Jelly bean btw but it had been fine for the last few days. I got the update last week.

Default Re: pandora and weather apps close

I'm having issues with Pandora on Jelly bean as well. It will force close (Pandora has stopped message will pop up) all the time while I am using it, especially if I leave the app to do something else.
    Also, the sound quality is not as good. I keep the high quality setting turned out, even so a lot of bass notes come out sounding like digital flab. I never use headphones with Pandora because the poor quality is too noticeable (except when using Wifi, in which case it works fine).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I don't recall sound issues except when my signal was weak. I usually have the higher sound setting although I thought it only applied to the people who pay for it. I also deleted my app and installed another one( newer I guess) and it did the same thing. I may have to go home early with no pandora I am feeling sick.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

interesting....i haven't had much problems with pandroa ever. still plays just fine for me.
    have you tried clearing the data for pandora? that is my only suggestion.
    works fine every time.
    running liquid, aokp, CM10 ect. latest pandora app and "add free" doing its thing.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.

I am also having having problems with Pandora. I emailed them and they said to uninstall and install again. Did that then a few ours later back to force closing. It works I just have to open it multiple times.....

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Pandora has been force closing on me as well. normally when the splash screen ad comes up. must be app issues with JB. report it so they can fix it.
    and if you open it like 5 times eventual it will work :P
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

I had force closes on Pandora. I cleared the cache and deleted data for Pandora. The problem went away.

Uninstall. then reinstall and it was all fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I had unistalled and re-installed and it didnt work. I thought that would clear cache as well so I didn't try that. I just cleared the cache and I am back in business. I will keep you posted if it holds.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

ok so I cleared app data uninstalled and re installed this morning and it was working..a restart later of my device and I just get constant force closing. I had to clear app data to get it to work..and as soon as I hit "pause" it force closed again...... kind of annoying

I found a workaround that addresses the issue of Pandora crashing on startup. I discovered that if you open up Pandora while you don't have an active data connection, Pandora doesn't force close - instead it waits around for a network connection for a short time.
    Steps to get Pandora to run:
    1. Go into airplane mode.
    2. Turn off airplane mode.
    3. Wait until your phone gets signal bars (still grey, nor yet 3g).
    4. Start up Pandora. (Must be done before signal bars go blue)

You may need to practice with the timing a little bit before you get it to work consistently. In my case, starting up Pandora immediately after turning off airplane mode forces the application to wait too long for a network connection and it gives up.

Edit: After getting it to work consistently yesterday, I discovered this morning that Pandora started up normally without jumping through hoops. Go figure.....

ROM
    Stock/Franco

still having issues with it crashing all the time..........
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I am still having issues. I can get it to work after I clear cache but seams like everytime I open pandora I have to clear the cache. That doesn't seam right. I am going to email dev.

I have the same problem with Pandora. This workaround seems to handle it (even though it's a PITA):
    1. Open Settings
    2. Select Apps
    3. Scroll to and open Pandora
    4. Click on "Clear Data" and confirm

This will require you to log in again when you open Pandora, but it seems to address the problem of Pandora force-closing under Jellybean.

Looks like Pandora has problems all around. Mine works great, except if it is on charge, and if you remove charge, it force closes. That is the only issue. For example, I keep my phone charging while driving. I listen to Pandora while driving and it works great. When I turn the car off, Pandora force closes. This started happening 2 Pandora updates ago. I was hoping the latest update would fix it. It did not. I have tried the whole clear data, cache, uninstall, reinstall thing but it doesn't work. I just deal with it because most of the time when I turn the car off, I am done listening anyway and now it is conveniently closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    Looks like Pandora has problems all around. Mine works great, except if it is on charge, and if you remove charge, it force closes. That is the only issue. For example, I keep my phone charging while driving. I listen to Pandora while driving and it works great. When I turn the car off, Pandora force closes. This started happening 2 Pandora updates ago. I was hoping the latest update would fix it. It did not. I have tried the whole clear data, cache, uninstall, reinstall thing but it doesn't work. I just deal with it because most of the time when I turn the car off, I am done listening anyway and now it is conveniently closed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    You may not realize it but you gave me a tip that works. Pandora had been crashing for about a month now. I had to clear data and reenter credentials to make it work each time I used it. But I had always been using it on battery. Today I tried it on battery and it crashed, as usual. But, after reading your post I just tried Pandora while it was plugged in an charging. It worked perfectly!

This is a crazy issue. Why would Pandora crash on battery but work while charging? How odd.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

if you are rooted download ad free.
    it blocks requests for ads from apps. it stops the splash screen ad from coming up on pandora and so far i have not had a crash on battery or plugged in. have not tried my car dock yet.
    Thanked by:
    TabGuy 

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill86 View Post
    if you are rooted download ad free.
    it blocks requests for ads from apps. it stops the splash screen ad from coming up on pandora and so far i have not had a crash on battery or plugged in. have not tried my car dock yet.
    Thanks for the tip. Yes, Pandora always crashed at the startup ad. I've installed "ad free" and, for now, the problem seems to have been fixed.

Much appreciated.