Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Google Voice on Jelly Bean

I'm having trouble with Google Voice since I updated to Jelly Bean. I'm not receiving notification of text messages through handcent like I used to, Is anyone else experiencing any problems with the Google Voice app?
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Default Re: Google Voice on Jelly Bean

I miss being able to play voicemails in the stock dialer app. It seems the dialer integration there was for Google Voice in Ice Cream Sandwich did not make it to Jelly Bean. Or is this because I'm on a custom ROM? It's been a while since I've been stock.

Google Voice updated, brings folders and dialer integration for ICS | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I miss being able to play voicemails in the stock dialer app. It seems the dialer integration there was for Google Voice in Ice Cream Sandwich did not make it to Jelly Bean. Or is this because I'm on a custom ROM? It's been a while since I've been stock.

Google Voice updated, brings folders and dialer integration for ICS | Android Central
    it works in jellybean stock nexus and i have enabled it. It could be because of cutom rom.

btw, i am a nexus S user.

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I'm having trouble with Google Voice since I updated to Jelly Bean. I'm not receiving notification of text messages through handcent like I used to, Is anyone else experiencing any problems with the Google Voice app?
    Check these settings in google voice.

google voice settings--> do not disturb is unchecked

google voice settings-->sync and Notifications-->Text Notifications and Voicemail Notification is checked.

if none works do a data/cache clear and set it up again.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Wait! You're using Handcent with Google Voice? And it sends messages out using your Google Voice phone number and not the phone's native number? How does that happen? What are the magical settings that make that work? I've never been able to figure that out.

BTW, I use "Popup Notifier" for all my notifications including messaging, email, Facebook, etc. One common look and feel.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Wait! You're using Handcent with Google Voice? And it sends messages out using your Google Voice phone number and not the phone's native number? How does that happen? What are the magical settings that make that work? I've never been able to figure that out.

BTW, I use "Popup Notifier" for all my notifications including messaging, email, Facebook, etc. One common look and feel.
    No, handcent receives my Google Voice text messages. I use it primarily because I have custom ringtones set up for different friends. Unfortunately, right now it isn't working since the update to Jelly Bean. It's probably a problem with handcent now that I'm looking at it more.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

I was having the same issue with my S3 and "Clear Data" under Application Manager, re-set it all back up and it's working again. Thanks Still1 for the idea.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Check these settings in google voice.

google voice settings--> do not disturb is unchecked

google voice settings-->sync and Notifications-->Text Notifications and Voicemail Notification is checked.

if none works do a data/cache clear and set it up again.
    Thanks! the line in bold is precisely what I needed.

As is OP, also on a note2 (tmo-usa)