Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice to text not working regularly since JB update

I had no issues with voice to text until the JB update. Now...more often than not I am unable to use voice to text. I just get a dark screen with a speaker icon that stays dark gray as opposed to red. There are no "tap to speak" icons when I am having this issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Default Re: Voice to text not working regularly since JB update

You might wantbto do a hard reset. Always a good idea after a major OS update. Mine works fine by the way.

I have noticed this same issue. Sometimes it works on the first try and other times it doesn't. I have to close and reopen the keyboard and then hit the mic button again. It could be the keyboard I'm using- (swiftkey 3) or the app I'm using (chomp sms) Haven't really investigated it or tested it because its more of an occasional nuisance than a real issue. Haven't noticed it while using the browser. Are you using the stock keyboard? Does it happen in all or most apps or one or 2 particular apps?
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am just finishing up reinstalling all my app's after trying a hard reset.

I am using swiftkey...so far voice to text is working in all app's.

Now if my bluetooth sound quality got better from the hard reset...I will be very happy!

Yes I called Verizon and complained and had them send me a new Phone. New phone worked fine for 5 voice to text searches, but now only works 1 out of 10 times same as old phone. My phone says Can't reach Google at the moment. I have 3 bars on G4 network and full signal on wi-fi. Problem started as soon as I got the new Jellybean O.S. I asked for the Ice-cream-sandwich O.S. but they sent the new O.S. I'm in the Detroit area using Verizon.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Mine seemed to work fine right after a hard rest...

However...it has pretty much stopped working at all now and I pretty much can't use it. I don't even get the "can't connect to goodle" message...I usually just get a grey screen with nothing on it
    Voice to text not working regularly since JB update-screenshot_2012-10-15-10-55-10.jpg

I have the same problem. I also no longer can simply verbally send myself a text message.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Resolved. The wifi at work prevents the Google speech recognition from working. Once I turn off wifi and turn on mobile data networking it works very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks ptdropper. this corrected my phone voice to texting