Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rionken86x
  • 1 Post By Jpfonseca
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP

Default My phone thinks its charging ALL THE TIME

My phone thinks its always charging if I plug it in for 2 minutes and unplug it it still says charging on the lock screen and notification bar the only way it goes away is with a battery pull, what's going on and could it be harmful to the phone?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nothing nothing nothing
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: My phone thinks its charging ALL THE TIME

I'm using the OEM 1850 battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    nothing nothing nothing

I just had this problem last night. I have a 3800mAh battery that I've been using for quite a while. My phone shut off and wouldn't respond. I plugged it back in, and this morning, my battery percentage is stuck at the same level as when I plugged it in. Unplugged, and it still shows that it's charging. I shut it off and pulled the battery for 1-2 minutes, and all seems to be okay again. Battery did fully charge.

ROM
    Something new!

Are you using a case of any kind?

I had this as well but my USB port started flaking out as well. Ending up dieing all together. Phone worked fine but the USB port was toast. I had to get a CLN replacement.

I've had this issue before where it would display "charging" icon even though its not plugged in and when its plugged in, it wouldn't charge.

I used a knife to stick in the usb port of the phone and pressed it down or up. Everything works fine now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    letsplaay likes this.

Yep. It definitely works sticking a knife in the port and moving the small "tongue" away from the bottom.
    It have to be a kinfe so it can be inserted into that small space.
    You won't have to apply much force in it. Just a small pressure will be enough to make it.
    Thanked by:
    letsplaay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpfonseca View Post
    Yep. It definitely works sticking a knife in the port and moving the small "tongue" away from the bottom.
    It have to be a kinfe so it can be inserted into that small space.
    You won't have to apply much force in it. Just a small pressure will be enough to make it.
    Thank you so much for this. Just saved my day.

Thanks so much about the knife trick! fixed in no time!

Brilliant. The knife solution fixed mine as well. Many thanks!

My phone thinks it chaging even doe its not. What should i do? I tried different ways like draining my phone and chage it again, Put the charger back for2 minutes and remove it. I also turn off and of my phone. I downloaded the avg anti virus. im afraid to try the knife thing cause it my broke my phone. What should i do?

- - - Updated - - -

My phone thinks it chaging even doe its not. What should i do? I tried different ways like draining my phone and chage it again, Put the charger back for2 minutes and remove it. I also turn off and of my phone. I downloaded the avg anti virus. im afraid to try the knife thing cause it my broke my phone. What should i do?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by angelgalaxy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Viruses are extremely rare. And it most likely wouldn't cause this problem. If you are afraid to try the stated fix then you should take your device to your Carrier for repair

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I too had the same issue. Phone thinks its charging even when its not. But battery drain was faster than normal.
    I tried the probing the usb port with a knife and it didnt work... even tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and also didnt work... After searching online for help and to see if others were having the same issue... It turns out it could be a hardware issue, at least with mine.... I did have my nexus for over a year... Constantly being on the charger.. GPS, streaming songs, videos, and etc.... So im sure something was bound to go wrong, eventually..

Luckily i have insurance, so i wasnt too worried... I took it into VZW for a look see and see if they can diagnose the problem.. They couldnt find out whats causing it... or probably didnt bother or cared. Fast forward 2 days, in came my CLN phone. So far, no problems. Works like a champ. Other than the bad 4.2.2 LTE signal....

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

This is usually caused by a loose or damaged seating of the USB port on the bottom of the device. You'll want to carefully, using a needle or very thin blade, etc, very gently push the metal tab inside the USB port towards the screen. Once done, gently but firmly re-seat your charger squarely on the inside. Give it a few minutes to acclimate and then disconnect the charger, reboot and test the results. I had this problem once with a Verizon GNex and after a few times of doing this I was able to correct it for the most part; however at times it would require a little bit of pressure pushing the charger towards the top of the screen to charge correctly.

Additionally, getting a great 3rd party charger, like the one linked below, does wonders as well. Sometimes having a new charger helps get things squared away more solidly than the original connector, which has been pulled in/out at weird angles and possibly damaged as well. Good luck!

Andru 1A USB Charger - Android Chargers & Cables

The technique works, i was worried as i have no warranty left.

Happened to me exactly like that (GN appears to be charging, when unplugged, battery consumption was awfull and low battery notifications all time)
    And after a long day surfing on every android forum i found a solution that worked, at least, for me:
    It was just the usb port that was dirty or bend over down, when it happens, it makes a contact that makes it thinks its plugged, not charging, just plugged. (it appears the bolt, but in battery settings, it said "not charging")
    I just grabed a needle and bend the little pice up, just a little and carefully. Tried to clean it just in case, no dirt over there.
    When I charged it over again, it worked as always, aparently its solved.
    Hope it works for you, excuse my english, latin speaker.