- 89 Posts
the "Old Nexus"
Alright so all this talk about the new nexus is kinda making me jealous. I just got the galaxy nexus a few months ago when I signed with Verizon and I really like it. But I've seen what happens to the support when a new flagship phone releases. Maybe I'm just whining or maybe I'm not the only one. But who knows, just sharing my thought .
- 10-06-2012, 10:33 PM #2
- 5,830 Posts
Re: the "Old Nexus"
Well.. Nexus phones so far have followed this pattern, being announced/released around the end of the year, so you could have seen that coming
But in terms of support you have nothing to worry about. The Gnex will continue to receive the latest version of Android until at least next winter. Yes the Verizon one will get it about 2 months after the others, as that seems to be the time they take to approve OTA's, but rest assured you will get Android OS updates for the next year+
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 10-07-2012, 02:37 AM #3
- 10-08-2012, 09:07 AM #4
Re: the "Old Nexus"
I wouldn't worry about it. the nexus S which was released almost 2 years ago was upgraded to JB shortly after it was released. Yes, the CDMA (vzw and sprint) are the red-headed stepchildren of the nexus family, but they are still a nexus and will be #5-ish in line to get the latest updates. only behind the GSM nexus S, galaxy nexus, nexus 7, and xoom and maybe some asus tablets.
but it WILL be the first device to get updated to the latest android version on the VZW network.
- 10-08-2012, 04:22 PM #5
- By skimklaw in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
- By skimklaw in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
- By dude0909 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2010, 12:05 PM
- By joek1971 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 61Last Post: 07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
- By RBasil in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM