Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jellybean nexus battery assassin

Although I appreciate the improved operation of my Verizon G Nexus on Jellybean, I'm shocked at the accelerated rate of battery depletion it brings. I am now loosing about five percent charge every 10 minutes. This is on the lowest screen brightness setting with wifi, gps, bluetooth, and 4G turned off. Any Suggestions?

Default Re: Jellybean nexus battery assassin

Quote Originally Posted by dugsurf View Post
    Although I appreciate the improved operation of my Verizon G Nexus on Jellybean, I'm shocked at the accelerated rate of battery depletion it brings. I am now loosing about five percent charge every 10 minutes. This is on the lowest screen brightness setting with wifi, gps, bluetooth, and 4G turned off. Any Suggestions?
    Try turning off GPS and location services. I noticed maps started eating my battery without it ever happening on ics. As always pull battery and reboot. I last about 12 hours with auto brightness and 4G on all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was suffering significantly poor battery life, too. I was lucky to get 6 hours out of a full charge. I did a factory reset and BOOM, I am getting over 12 hours of life with over 2-1/2 hours of screen time and 45 minutes of gaming. I am now a very happy camper. The reset definitely took care of some odd behavior as well (e.g. "Media" was sucking more juice than the screen was).

So try a factory reset and get a fresh start on the install of JB. It certainly helped me!
    Thanked by:
    dajobo 

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Yea same here, actually for the first week after the JB upgrade I was getting about the same battery life, 12-16 hrs depending on use and about 2 hours screen time, but now I can hardly get an hour of screen on time and my battery life sucks. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

If you don't use any features of Google Now, turn it off. The fancy voice search is still there if the Now features aren't on, thankfully. I noticed a pretty big savings in battery life.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Yup, Google Now is the culprit. Any feature selected continually updates and uses lots of battery. I turned it off and battery life returned to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I was suffering significantly poor battery life, too. I was lucky to get 6 hours out of a full charge. I did a factory reset and BOOM, I am getting over 12 hours of life with over 2-1/2 hours of screen time and 45 minutes of gaming. I am now a very happy camper. The reset definitely took care of some odd behavior as well (e.g. "Media" was sucking more juice than the screen was).

So try a factory reset and get a fresh start on the install of JB. It certainly helped me!
    I just did this last night. Hope it will help! I will report in the next few days!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Factory reset always helps battery life, more then almost anything else....

Im tempted to do it on mine as well... might hold out for a few months till the next SW update is about to hit... that way I have a fresh start....

How do you turn off G Now?

Quote Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
    How do you turn off G Now?
    Access Google Now by swiping up. Tap the three dot thingy, choose Settings, tap Goggle Now, tap the On/Off selector and you're done.