Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Random Reboots w/ JB 4.1.1 STOCK

I get that too. Stock jellybean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Random Reboots w/ JB 4.1.1 STOCK

Question..did anyone have these random reboots/restarts while on ICS?

I did get reboots on ICS. I got tired of the reboots and lockups as they were getting more frequent (more than once a day sometimes) so I did a factory restore and it has been behaving very well since.
    Darth Vader offers you a Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebear View Post
    I did get reboots on ICS. I got tired of the reboots and lockups as they were getting more frequent (more than once a day sometimes) so I did a factory restore and it has been behaving very well since.
    Are you on JB or still running ICS?

well..this is interesting. I did a factory reset and life was good. But as soon as I connected to my home wireless router the phone restarted. Could this be a sign of a hardware problem?

Well, Im on US Celluar. They updated in Dec to 4.1.1. I *WAS* rooted, did the upgrade, and re-rooted. Have been having reboot issues since, stealth reboot issues. A week ago I went back to 4.0.4 (complete reset to stock factory a few updates back) and allowed the OTA back to the last 4.0.4 update and didn't allow the 4.1.1 update. The Phone worked flawlessly. Today I allowed the 4.1.1 update. Both WIFI and bluetooth are causing lock-ups and/or reboots. From what I've seen and read, US Celluar uses Verizon code.

Don't think 4.1.1 is stable on these phones ....

Did the same thing last night. Went back to 4.0.4 and have had no problems going back and forth between routers with no reboot/restarts. Makes you wonder if 4.2.1 will be stable....IF we ever see it.

Quote Originally Posted by guidojones View Post
    Well, Im on US Celluar. They updated in Dec to 4.1.1. I *WAS* rooted, did the upgrade, and re-rooted. Have been having reboot issues since, stealth reboot issues. A week ago I went back to 4.0.4 (complete reset to stock factory a few updates back) and allowed the OTA back to the last 4.0.4 update and didn't allow the 4.1.1 update. The Phone worked flawlessly. Today I allowed the 4.1.1 update. Both WIFI and bluetooth are causing lock-ups and/or reboots. From what I've seen and read, US Celluar uses Verizon code.

Don't think 4.1.1 is stable on these phones ....

I've this Issue with Stock "Bell Mobility" JB 4.1.1 on my GS3 too. When I was with ICS, no problem. Since the OTA update, random reboot maybe once a week, once a day, once a month.... randomly.....

I think it's a OS problem, cuz a lot of GS3, Note and other JB 4.1.1 phone have the same problem.

I hope that the next update will be more stable than this one :/

Ciao !

MaStErbLk

Re:MaStErbLk, I have radio problems with mine too, when I shut down or reboot I have to either try several reboots to get the Phone reception to start working again. I have found it is easier and faster to pull the battery and for whatever reason this works EVERY time! When I pull the battery and boot the phone up, the reception is there everytime.

AT&T Note i717
    Last edited by Nick94928; 04-03-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: This is a reply to MaStErbLk :)

I had the random reboot thing quite often (say two to three times a week) on 4.1.1. Since upgrading to 4.2.2 it has disappeared and I've not had a single random reboot *yet*. I did not do a factory reset or anything.

Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine has been the opposite. No reboots with 4.1.1 but at least 4-5 since 4.2.2 and I need to take the battery out to fix it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

I have the same issue, I notice that with my stock nexus on 4.1.1, it will randomly reboot. Not every day, but it ALWAYS freezes and reboots when I have a lot of tabs open in chrome, or when downloading larger files through chrome.

PS I have been ignoring 4.2.2, didn't upgrade then revert.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

I also had random re-boots when my phone was on 4.1.1/4.1.2. Although, I started to notice a pattern--it usually occurred when I had the screen on, running an app that required internet (i.e. pandora for streaming, chrome browser--while waiting for a page to load), and then after letting the screen auto shut-off, the phone would then freeze up (with the screen off). If I was using Pandora (or other streaming audio), the audio would still play for awhile, but the phone would be un-responsive if I pressed the power or volume buttons. After waiting about a minute or 2, the phone would re-boot.

However, since 4.2.2 update, this issue seemed to go away.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12