Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

I'm somewhat intrigued by it... for the large battery capacity and water resistant feature....

I bought my 2nd GN and it should still be within the 14-day return period by next week.
(well.. I'll only get a $50 VZW gift card back because that's how I paid it...)

just curious.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious. It's sad though that Verizon takes so long to put out new devices compared to other networks. It seems that Sprint and T-Mobile a creating a variety of devices in their line up compared to the VZW page which consists mostly of low end smart phones and cr'apple.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what your past devices have been I am pretty new to the GN. I have previously used bionic DROID 2 DROID x thunderbolt charge eris iphone 4. I must say nothing can touch the GN very pleased with this device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Secretagnt

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
the VZW GN has been a great phone for me so far and I have had it since day 1 ..... I did venture out to -ahem- cr'apple - achoo- but will never do that again ... and I can see me holding on to the Nexus for a while longer ... the only phone that has me intrigued right now is the SGS3 .... hmmmmm

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nah. It looks neat but I don't think I could ever go non-Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
that's what I was thinking as well..

if Google let Motorola(which Google owns) make a RAZR MAXX HD NEXUS, it'll sell like hotcakes! :)

Nah, the firewall prevents favoritism (thankfully) :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
No way. I suffered with Moto Droids for 2 years. Now that they don't even provide updates for them, I'll stick with my Galaxy Nexus until it dies. 6 months from now it will have KeyLimePie and the Moto never will.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The razor max HD will have way too much bloatware....... no thank you. GN all the way.

I purchased a used Razr Maxx to check it out and prepare to buy the upcoming Droid Razr Maxx HD. The bloatware completely makes me want to vomit. I also do not like the Motorola gallery app ata ll. There is a lot to love about the MDRMHD (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD) and I was all in but now am on the fence. Ask away if you have any questions on my opinion on how the Maxx compares to the Nexus. Oh yeah I miss NFC!!!! Baterry is amazing

illest813

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually seriously considering this phone. I love my GN, and have no complaints. Wishes? Kinda better camera and battery

That's where the moto comes in. The only thing I am scared about is hat they won't release software timely. And I LOVE jelly bean

I have heard the moto cam is no stud itself but it has to be better than GN.

On the fence build quality and battery are very Intriguing

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually seriously considering this phone. I love my GN, and have no complaints. Wishes? Kinda better camera and battery

That's where the moto comes in. The only thing I am scared about is hat they won't release software timely. And I LOVE jelly bean

I have heard the moto cam is no stud itself but it has to be better than GN.

On the fence build quality and battery are very Intriguing

based on what's out there right now, the Moto RAZR MAXX HD has a "better" camera than than the Galaxy Nexus,
but it's not as good as the ones on Samsung Galaxy SIII or Note 2.

illest813

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well that's good for me. To be honest I don't think the SGS3 is worth upgrading over the Nexus. Sure it is better, but I love my nexus phone and would really only switch for the battery reasons. Camera alone just isn't worth it to me. The note 2 is cool, but just way too big. For my pocket. To bring out to a bar to try to pick up girls, etc. Way too big.

How come there aren't really any reviews on the maxx hd yet? usually there are in depth reviews before phones are released. Seems fishy it comes out in less than a week and no one has any report out. And wtf is with this wording "Oh yeah... I have the motorola droid RAZR MAXX HD". Ugh.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a used Razr Maxx to check it out and prepare to buy the upcoming Droid Razr Maxx HD. The bloatware completely makes me want to vomit. I also do not like the Motorola gallery app ata ll. There is a lot to love about the MDRMHD (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD) and I was all in but now am on the fence. Ask away if you have any questions on my opinion on how the Maxx compares to the Nexus. Oh yeah I miss NFC!!!! Baterry is amazing

Okay I went and downloaded all of my apps and gave the Razr Maxx a fair shake. After a week, there is no going back to the Nexus. I love the Nexus do not get me wrong but I am getting up at 5 in the morning and going to bed @10 pm and still having 30% battery left on a single charge. Simply amazed!! I am giving the Maxx to my wife tomorrow and getting the Maxx HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay