Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

I'm somewhat intrigued by it... for the large battery capacity and water resistant feature....

I bought my 2nd GN and it should still be within the 14-day return period by next week.
    (well.. I'll only get a $50 VZW gift card back because that's how I paid it...)

just curious.

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Default Re: Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

I'm curious. It's sad though that Verizon takes so long to put out new devices compared to other networks. It seems that Sprint and T-Mobile a creating a variety of devices in their line up compared to the VZW page which consists mostly of low end smart phones and cr'apple.

Default Re: Any current VZW GN owner here considering the VZW Moto RAZR MAXX HD($299) for sale next week?

Not sure what your past devices have been I am pretty new to the GN. I have previously used bionic DROID 2 DROID x thunderbolt charge eris iphone 4. I must say nothing can touch the GN very pleased with this device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ROM

the VZW GN has been a great phone for me so far and I have had it since day 1 ..... I did venture out to -ahem- cr'apple - achoo- but will never do that again ... and I can see me holding on to the Nexus for a while longer ... the only phone that has me intrigued right now is the SGS3 .... hmmmmm
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Nah. It looks neat but I don't think I could ever go non-Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Liquid Smooth

Nope. I had my VZW GN replaced three times due to hardware/software issues and this one has been rocking solid for a while. knock on wood.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Nah. It looks neat but I don't think I could ever go non-Nexus.

that's what I was thinking as well..

if Google let Motorola(which Google owns) make a RAZR MAXX HD NEXUS, it'll sell like hotcakes!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    that's what I was thinking as well..

if Google let Motorola(which Google owns) make a RAZR MAXX HD NEXUS, it'll sell like hotcakes!
    Nah, the firewall prevents favoritism (thankfully)

The razor max HD will have way too much bloatware....... no thank you. GN all the way.

Nope

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

No way. I suffered with Moto Droids for 2 years. Now that they don't even provide updates for them, I'll stick with my Galaxy Nexus until it dies. 6 months from now it will have KeyLimePie and the Moto never will.

Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    The razor max HD will have way too much bloatware....... no thank you. GN all the way.
    I purchased a used Razr Maxx to check it out and prepare to buy the upcoming Droid Razr Maxx HD. The bloatware completely makes me want to vomit. I also do not like the Motorola gallery app ata ll. There is a lot to love about the MDRMHD (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD) and I was all in but now am on the fence. Ask away if you have any questions on my opinion on how the Maxx compares to the Nexus. Oh yeah I miss NFC!!!! Baterry is amazing

ROM
    AOKP M5

Been thinking of it. I really want to see how the Dev community is because I need some sort of CM/AOKP ROM
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I'm actually seriously considering this phone. I love my GN, and have no complaints. Wishes? Kinda better camera and battery

That's where the moto comes in. The only thing I am scared about is hat they won't release software timely. And I LOVE jelly bean

I have heard the moto cam is no stud itself but it has to be better than GN.

On the fence build quality and battery are very Intriguing
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by sbalterman View Post
    I'm actually seriously considering this phone. I love my GN, and have no complaints. Wishes? Kinda better camera and battery

That's where the moto comes in. The only thing I am scared about is hat they won't release software timely. And I LOVE jelly bean

I have heard the moto cam is no stud itself but it has to be better than GN.

On the fence build quality and battery are very Intriguing
    based on what's out there right now, the Moto RAZR MAXX HD has a "better" camera than than the Galaxy Nexus,
    but it's not as good as the ones on Samsung Galaxy S3 or Note 2.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Well that's good for me. To be honest I don't think the SGS3 is worth upgrading over the Nexus. Sure it is better, but I love my nexus phone and would really only switch for the battery reasons. Camera alone just isn't worth it to me. The note 2 is cool, but just way too big. For my pocket. To bring out to a bar to try to pick up girls, etc. Way too big.

How come there aren't really any reviews on the maxx hd yet? usually there are in depth reviews before phones are released. Seems fishy it comes out in less than a week and no one has any report out. And wtf is with this wording "Oh yeah... I have the motorola droid RAZR MAXX HD". Ugh.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Any other opinions now that android central reviewed the rogers maxx?

Global Posts
    1,428 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slik6996 View Post
    All you have to do is root it and put a rom on there and then no more bloatware.

Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    I purchased a used Razr Maxx to check it out and prepare to buy the upcoming Droid Razr Maxx HD. The bloatware completely makes me want to vomit. I also do not like the Motorola gallery app ata ll. There is a lot to love about the MDRMHD (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD) and I was all in but now am on the fence. Ask away if you have any questions on my opinion on how the Maxx compares to the Nexus. Oh yeah I miss NFC!!!! Baterry is amazing

Okay I went and downloaded all of my apps and gave the Razr Maxx a fair shake. After a week, there is no going back to the Nexus. I love the Nexus do not get me wrong but I am getting up at 5 in the morning and going to bed @10 pm and still having 30% battery left on a single charge. Simply amazed!! I am giving the Maxx to my wife tomorrow and getting the Maxx HD.

Nah won't buy another bloated vzw phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    Vicious Jelly Bean V3

Not looking to trade my GN for a Motorola device. Love having free reign on my device to load many ROMs and everything else. Motorola still is behind in this in many ways. I like getting the latest Android OS.
    ccm435 likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I don't think I would leave my Nexus for any phone out there right now. Maybe, just maybe, for a free Galaxy S3 (shameless plug for the current contest lol) but I don't think I would buy a new phone right now. Still loving my Galaxy Nexus too much
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

I'm leaving the iPhone for an android phone. I looked at the Maxx HD, SG3, and the Nexus. What makes the nexus special? I'm not a huge technical person. I just want a phone that surfs and communicates well.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

The Nexus is a "pure Google experience" in that the operating system is stock. The other phones have a version of android. Still android, but not as Google intended. The Nexus is also the only one of these phones with jelly bean. And, if you are interested in rooting, the Nexus has an unlockable bootloader.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    Thanked by:

I think I get it. Other phones like moto and Samsung take the original thought and put their own spin on it? What is rooting? Boat loader? Sorry I'm not that up to speed b/c of the iSheep past.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast