China or Korea?

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, sadly I am currently selling my Nexus and a question that someone asked me is "Was this unit made in China or Korea?". My question is why would someone ask this? Whats the difference? I got the phone the day it was released and have never had to return it for a refurbished or certified pre-owned one so not sure what I have.

BTW...the ONLY reason why Im selling is because a friend of mine had an upgrade available and she wanted the iphone 4 that I had sitting around because someone traded it to me so i gave her that and she let me use her upgrade so i just paid for the Galaxy SIII which was a win because I still get to keep my Unlimited ;-)

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The line of thinking is that the Korean models are built better. You can take off the battery cover, and the battery and look on the white sticker that has the bar codes on it. It will say where it was manufactured. I got mine on release day and it is a Korean model. I THINK that all of the first batch, ie the phones first released, were all Korean models. I could be wrong.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
UGH. I didn't know this, just looked and my new CLNR was made in China, I'm just gonna throw it in the trash.

My Korean gnex suffered a faulty charge port, my clnr china version has been fine as well as my girlfriends china version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I thinks its more of a luck of the draw thing. Mine is from release day, and Korea, with no issues. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I thinks its more of a luck of the draw thing. Mine is from release day, and Korea, with no issues. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....
My made in Korea GNex from 12/2011 has been nothing but trouble. Can't hold a 4G LTE signal worth ****. I hope when I get my CLNR, it was made in china.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995