Factory reset question

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If I want to reset my device,but don't want Google to automatically reload all my apps... what do I need to uncheck in settings?
Thanx

sent from a Nexus, nothing less will do...

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just did a factory reset, and had to reload my apps myself, so I don't think you have to uncheck anything. Had some issues with some apps not being recovered, I sent the developers an email about it with my attached receipts, and still waiting on responses. It's just over 24 hours since I sent those, so no replies yet. Also had a few apps that I had bought and got refunded. These apps have re-appeared in my account, I've also sent emails to those developers as well asking for an explanation, and also to make sure that I'm not charged for apps I don't really want.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Yours must be unchecked then... cause I reset my Xoom last night and it auto downloaded about 50 apps ....

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't pay attention to your device, not sure if it's different on my GS3, but I didn't see any options under Back Up & Reset to reinstall (or not) apps after reset.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I got it, there's a box that needs to be un checked as your power in your device back on after the reset that asked if you want to reinstall the app. Thanks again for the quick response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca