Question about warranty replacement phones.

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This question is for anyone who has had to replace a nexus under warranty. How many phones did you have to have sent out before you got one that actually worked right? Just curious because I have had 2 sent out and none of them have worked correctly yet. They also tried to replace it with either a RAZR or droid charge in store and that made me laugh a little bit.

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I had six and my issue got so bad I talked them into a galaxy s3 loved my nexus couldn't take the issues. If you go to a razr you will be taking a down grade spec wise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm on number 4 nexus and its not perfect. But if it's not nexus then I'm not taking a different phone I'll just keep playing there games

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I laughed when they offered a charge. But I am hoping that it doesn't take too many to get it right because I love the nexus. But I am considering selling it once I get one that works because I am afraid of constantly having issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Agreed nexus is one of a kind it'd a shame Verizon and cdma cdma radios suck so much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my second replacement and it actually appears to be fully functional. I am glad it didn't take too many this time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Only took me one replacement... Guess I'm just lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I had my Bionic replaced with my current Nexus about a month ago. It has been working fine for me for the most part. Every once in a while it will switch from 4g to 3g randomly but not nearly as bad as my Bionic. I just toggle airplane mode and I get 4g back. Hopefully it keeps working well for me. I hate going through the exchange process.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have number 5 this month coming today. First one I had which was an upgrade it started eating the battery in like 3 hours. I bought an extended 3000 mah battery but only got me a couple hours. I wiped the phone clean, no apps, no media, no pics, nothing. Still happens. So I called and complained and they sent me a refurb, that one ate the battery in 3-4 hours too. 3rd replacement early last week, battery issue disappeared, signal was good and strong, but I'll be damned if there wasn't a strip across the screen about 1/3 of the way down that would not respond to touch, right where the install button in the play store is after you click on an app to install it. So, now on replacement #4, first day it not only drops calls, it just drops signal completely. If your on the phone it just kills all service and sits there, have to reboot to get it back. Same thing when streaming music or something, it will just randomly lose all service. Data, calls, nothing works. So I have #5 coming today.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, after some new devices come out the next few weeks I may be done with samsung devices for good. I shouldn't have to do this every week. IDK if its Verizon or Samsung or whoever they have illegidly "certifying" these replacements but its crap. Guy sitting next to me at work has a iphone 4 that has worked flawlessly for 2 years on Verizon. I hate the thought of having an apple device but to get a reliable phone I may have to take a hard look at it. My Nexus 7 has ran flawlessly, battery is good, nice fast smooth, wonderful device. I just think the carriers and Samsung are screwing these things up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21