Isn't it kinda pitiful that they never came out with the pin dock?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The idea of the pin dock sounded so cool. Why it wasn't released with the phone I have no idea. And a year later, still nothing. Amazing. Wouldn't buy one now anyway as I'll probably get rid of my phone when the new ones come out. Why did they even put those pics there if they never came out with a dock for them?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The idea of the pin dock sounded so cool. Why it wasn't released with the phone I have no idea. And a year later, still nothing. Amazing. Wouldn't buy one now anyway as I'll probably get rid of my phone when the new ones come out. Why did they even put those pics there if they never came out with a dock for them?

Good question. The lack of accessory support for this thing, out of the gate, is absolutely dreadful IMHO.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never been into the accessories. They're always so device specific and I get a new phone every year. The money you save not getting that extra stuff will probably fund a new phone.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never been into the accessories. They're always so device specific and I get a new phone every year. The money you save not getting that extra stuff will probably fund a new phone.

And I will need a new phone every year because I wear out the USB jack plugging in every time I stop long enough. I believe your right my friend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I was really looking forward to the dock too and I am also disappointed that it never materialized. I am still waiting on the dock for my Nexus 7. I want to replace my alarm clock with my 7 since I couldn't with my phone.

phattysalz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty sad they never came out with the official Verizon docks.

That being said, the Play Store ones work great with some slight modifications. I've been using the car dock and the desktop dock for a while now and they are very convenient. Rarely have to plug anything into the USB jack anymore. Obviously the risk with those is if it doesn't work, you can't return because you have dremel-ed them.

Word of advice on the alarm clock thing if you have the desktop dock: keep an eye on the screen burn-in. I stopped using the clock feature on my Nexus and just let the screen turn off. I have noticed at lower brightness, shaded lines across the screen, especially with white backgrounds. The white no longer looks white. With the brightness turned up it goes away. I believe the dark background with the clock being on all night was f-ing up the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante