Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Phone won't take a charge

I just got another replacement and its perfect in all ways except when I plug it in it shows as charging but its not actually giving the battery juice so it dies. When I go to settings and battery it shows up as not charging even though the bolt appears and the screen lights up when I plug or unplug it. I have used three different cables and outlets and a car charger and they are all the same. Did a factory reset and it still does it. I tried three different batteries as well. Any ideas? I'm tired of replacements and I actually got a great one but it won't charge .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Phone won't take a charge

Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    I just got another replacement and its perfect in all ways except when I plug it in it shows as charging but its not actually giving the battery juice so it dies. When I go to settings and battery it shows up as not charging even though the bolt appears and the screen lights up when I plug or unplug it. I have used three different cables and outlets and a car charger and they are all the same. Did a factory reset and it still does it. I tried three different batteries as well. Any ideas? I'm tired of replacements and I actually got a great one but it won't charge .

Hate to say it, but it sounds like you need a replacement. Perhaps it's just the USB input?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah it probably is. I just think that it's weird that it definitely recognizes it being plugged in and unplugged so there must be something internal keeping the charge from going through. I just don't know why the settings even shows not charging.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well I just called tech support and they are sending me a White 32gb SGS 3! i guess that worked out for me. Ill let you know if I like it.

My phone is not charging with the wall charger, only if it's turned off. But the charger is working just fine, I charged other devices and there was no problem there. The phone also charges when plugged to my PC with USB cable, but its no longer recognized as and USB storage device.
    How come the charger works and USB cable also work but when put together to charge the phone it doesnt??
    Please help