Certified Pre-Owned from VZW for $230.....good deal?

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It would be a good deal if VZW CPO didn't suck. I know many people who have not had good experiences with CPO phones. Then again, they are giving you a one year warranty so it's worth a shot? You could always flip it later on and get some of your money back if you're not satisfied.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll just point out that these are probably phones that people returned for connectivity issues. ;)

But at $230, no-contract, would make a nice spare or hobby phone.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered it for the wife, trying to get rid of her Stratosphere and away from keyboards in general. For that price and warranty I believe it's a good deal. Plus her white Stratosphere can get most of the $ cash back. Or I'll keep it as a spare or backup if she doesn't like the GNex.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It's $250 with 1 bid and 3 days left, I'm sure it will end close to $350 or more. You'll be lucky to find one on CL in decent shape for $250, believe me I've looked. $230 with one year warranty and bill to account for the wife to get into the Nexus world will do.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would give Verizon a little more credit than that. When I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7(the one with the AMOLED screen) from Verizonwireless.com,
the price was only $279 for a CLNR unit.

It took 8 exchanges before I got one that I thought was "perfect" and in mint condition. The one that I kept was more than perfect... Verizon did not charge
me an extra cent for doing 8 exchanges. To be fair, only 1 had hardware issues. The other 7 only had varying degrees of cosmetic blemishes.

My point is that a CLNR GN at $230 is a good deal. If you don't get one that you consider acceptable to YOU, then keep exchanging it until you get one
that's okay with you. (worst case... you just return it completely for a refund) :) If I didn't already have two active Galaxy Nexus and two spares, I would
definitely jump on the deal. (actually I have a 3rd spare GN, but that's a GSM unit)

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today too. It does appear and function like it was brand new. We'll see how it does over the next several days to get a real verdict.

It is amazing at how much snappier the stock ICS experience was out of the box compared to the Motorola frankenstein version on my Bionic that was weighed down by bloat. Upgrading to Jelly Bean made it even better. I feel like I got a steal of a deal on this Nexus. I don't know if anyone else noticed but they raised the price up to around $400 on the CPO Nexus.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today too. It does appear and function like it was brand new. We'll see how it does over the next several days to get a real verdict.

It is amazing at how much snappier the stock ICS experience was out of the box compared to the Motorola frankenstein version on my Bionic that was weighed down by bloat. Upgrading to Jelly Bean made it even better. I feel like I got a steal of a deal on this Nexus. I don't know if anyone else noticed but they raised the price up to around $400 on the CPO Nexus.

Wife's arrived today and it's unlocked, rooted and got AOKP JB on it. Waiting to setup with her in the morning. So the retail price went up to $400 now?

Edit: I had to check, retail for CPO is now $449. Glad I jumped on it and now seems like a better deal.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Wait.. Did it come unlocked, rooted and with AOKP??? I'm guessing not, but it would be hilarious if Verizon didn't even do a full wipe and sent the phones back out.

stew930

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
OMG I am glad I jumped on this when I did. 449.99 now.

It is nice to see mine was made in Korea vs China. Read too many things about the ones made in China.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Wait.. Did it come unlocked, rooted and with AOKP??? I'm guessing not, but it would be hilarious if Verizon didn't even do a full wipe and sent the phones back out.

You guessed correct, I spent time last night unlocking and rooting. I did noticed that it came with 4.0.4, it updated as soon I connected to wifi and then I did my thing. That way I didn't need to flash newest radios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz