California Lemon Law Doesn't Seem To Work With A Verizon Nexus

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So, my girlfriend is going on her 4th Nexus. I thought that there is a California Lemon Law that would apply in this case. I've heard of people getting comparable phones after exchanging a phone several times. I told my girlfriend this and she promptly called Verizon. They pretty much blew her off. They said that they don't have to give her anything other than the Nexus. She talked to three different people who all told her the same thing. One was supposedly a supervisor. Am I wrong about this lemon law? Is there another way to going about this? She actually really likes the Nexus and is doing this reluctantly. She has just had far too many problems. Does anyone have any advice for us?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when the stars align and you are very nice and you get a very nice CSR in a good mood and you've had quite a lot of replacements you might be offered a comparable phone that isn't a gnex. Verizon does it on their own, they aren't forced to by some state law that protects you from dangerous consumer products that happened to get sold.

You can try contacting Samsung for repair or buy a different phone from Verizon at full price. You can also try eBay or Craig's List.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand you. I had 3 bad GS3s from tmo. I'm frustrated but I'm not giving up on the device just yet. I'm sure if you call and act stupidly dumb they'll replace it.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
What kind of issues is she having with her phone if I might ask? I've replaced mine and received bad replacements but the one I have now is flawless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
malachy is right.. its all by chance IMO. I just called yesterday about an issue with my 3rd replacement gnex.. I told them after they determined it need to be replaced that I would much prefer a different phone because I've already had a bad experience with the gnex on a few other replacements.. they were willing to give me a razr pretty easily.. but I ended up talking them into replacing it with a razr M.

I basically said something along the lines of "isn't the razr M a low cost phone? could I get that as replacement?" he ended up speaking with his supervisor and came back on the line and said "My supervisor is really good and I was able to get you the razr M, now all I need is the address to send it to.. would you like me to ship it to ****** on file?"

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what everyone else said. Kinda of lazy today. The lemon law has to do with repairing the item for the same problem multiple times (usually 3) they replace it. Some states are a little different though. If you are getting a new phone each time that does not count as a repair. Regardless that sucks.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you get lucky.. I card once, never had a replacement and said I was having signal issue even after updating and everything and right away he suggested to give me a razr maxx for my troubles. Lmao. Some people can only get the razr, some people can only get another nexus. Idk how he got away with giving me a maxx on the first try but it was the best decision I've ever made.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the good info everyone. Verizon ended up calling her back to troubleshoot her data again. After they saw her issues they said they would call her back on November 1st to discuss maybe getting a different phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the good info everyone. Verizon ended up calling her back to troubleshoot her data again. After they saw her issues they said they would call her back on November 1st to discuss maybe getting a different phone.

Just be courteous. It helps to do that, be forthright, and to be a long time customer. Express your frustrations, but do so in the context of not necessarily blaming them :p.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, my girlfriend is going on her 4th Nexus. I thought that there is a California Lemon Law that would apply in this case. I've heard of people getting comparable phones after exchanging a phone several times. I told my girlfriend this and she promptly called Verizon. They pretty much blew her off. They said that they don't have to give her anything other than the Nexus. She talked to three different people who all told her the same thing. One was supposedly a supervisor. Am I wrong about this lemon law? Is there another way to going about this? She actually really likes the Nexus and is doing this reluctantly. She has just had far too many problems. Does anyone have any advice for us?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Unfortunately, what she is being told is probably true. Sometimes, when you call in, you might get a CSR, or supervisor that is a bit more helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you. Others may simply not care and will only do the bare minimum.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you don't demand or even ask for a different phone, that will just lead them to believe you just want a different phone.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get a razr m.. phone call took 25 mins total. its all about just being really nice to them and sort of getting them on your side.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Razr M is a downgrade though isn't it? I wouldn't be happy with that even though it's new. At least the maxx had comparable/some better specs

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Razr M is a downgrade though isn't it? I wouldn't be happy with that even though it's new. At least the maxx had comparable/some better specs

uh?

the specs on the razr M are much better then the galaxy nexus..
for 25.00 from amazon direct im getting a class 10 32 gb sandisk SD card.
the battery in the razr M is amazing.. all of my galaxy nexuses had horrible battery life.. even with the extended battery.
the razr M has gorilla glass.. all of the galaxy nexuses scratched without even a memorable incident.. and the one I owned the longest had a dozen noticeable scratches on it.
the screen is amazing. I think that some say the galaxy nexus screen is better but after using the nexus for nearly a year staring at this razr M the colors and overall screen look alot better to me. all of the galaxy nexuses looked washed out.

Snapdragon S4 chip? the same chip in the razr maxx HD and razr HD, same chip in the htc one x etc. I don't see how the phones are even comparable let alone imply the razr m is a downgrade..

I got 1800 quadrant with my galaxy nexus and 4800 with my razr m.. it beat it immensely in every category.

oh and the razr M is much better then a MAXX.. probably gets just as good battery life with the smaller screen.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

These threads are like stories to me. I hate when I get to a post like this and don't get to read the ending. :/

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i went into the store on bionic 3 and they offered me some crap phones so I told them to note they offered me a replacement. called the CSRs and told them that the store was offering me a choice and I asked for a Nexus. Off Bionic and now running a Gnex. I'd go into a store first to try to get another phone and make sure you get them to annotate your account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante