Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

ditto. i also live in nyc and was an early lte adopter on verizon. it was fantastic until my thunderbolt was dead in less than 2hrs. but over the past ~9mos, my wife's GN on at&t 3g has frequently had FASTER uploads than my verizon lte GN. so tmo's hspa+ 42 will in all likelihood be much faster. while i agree lte is the future, considering how quickly the verizon lte network has deteriorated here, its not ready, and lte radios that crush the battery and burn your face / melt your ballz arent ready either. att lte is much faster in nyc already...and news today shows they're committed to building it out. so we have plenty of time before lte is ready for prime time. right now, its just not. verizon lte = horrible battery life, ~$90 per month, the same download speed as hspa or slower than hspa+ (ok upload is much faster), and updates months after everyone else gets them. i'll take faster speeds, better battery life, immediate updates and $60 less per month. that's a lot of compensation for the things people are complaining about: permanent battery, 16g, etc.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Default Re: So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

ATT and Tmo do not offer coverage where I live. We are stuck with big red for now...
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    ATT and Tmo do not offer coverage where I live. We are stuck with big red for now...
    So Verizon is the only provider that sells service in your area?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

The Nexus 4 doesn't do much for me at all so I'm staying put for now. If I get really bored I'll look into a used S3 to hold me off until my upgrade in August.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

My contract is up in April 2013. I do have an upgrade in December but still trying to decide if I want to stay on Verizon. My gnexus works fine, haven't had any trouble so I guess I am not in rush for a new phone. I might wait see what happens a CES and maybe Motorola will have something for Verizon that's backed by Google that will keep me around. You really can't beat Verizon service though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I'm not even considering the N4. Today I went to a Sprint store, since none of the Verizon ones had demos, to check out the Note2 and I really do like it a lot. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger and see what the HTC DNA will be like. If Verizon drags their feet too long on releasing it I may just opt for the Note 2. Hopefully we will find out more this week on when it will be available.

So I lost my gn last week and no insurance and I got a used gn. I am eligible for an upgrade but gnex is good to go. Guess that says alot about where my head is at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I'm not up for an upgrade until next Summer. No reason to change phones now. I might have to dump Verizon if a Nexus phone isn't available.
    ConTejas likes this.

Messed around with the Note 2 today. Done deal. Wife and I are dropping vzw and getting the Note 2 on at&t. Gonna buy a Nexus 4 as well with the cash we get selling our vzw gnex phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Messed around with the Note 2 today. Done deal. Wife and I are dropping vzw and getting the Note 2 on at&t. Gonna buy a Nexus 4 as well with the cash we get selling our vzw gnex phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Vz hadda go put their freakin logo on the home button on their note2. I would go to att note2 just for that.

Posted from my Galaxy Nexus (;p)

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Vz hadda go put their freakin logo on the home button on their note2. I would go to att note2 just for that.

Posted from my Galaxy Nexus (;p)
    How is that even remotely close to a deal breaker for some ppl?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    How is that even remotely close to a deal breaker for some ppl?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Because it makes it look horrible.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Bottom line is I will be dropping my three lines on Verizon. Even though I have unlimited data, it's just not worth it anymore. I have been getting more dropped calls in the last year than I ever had with T-Mobile. Data is great. Verizon has LTE everywhere while AT&T has mostly just 3G, not HSPA+, and T-Mobile is mostly edge. But in the city I live in T-Mo and AT&T have HSPA+ running and at work I have WiFi. As long as I can get a constant 4 megs around my town, I would be fine, since Verizon has gone from 30-40 megs down (with my TBolt in July of 2011) to about 10 where I live. It's just not worth the $200 bucks a month anymore. I can get 2 unlocked Nexus's for $350 each and pay about half of that a month. At least with T-Mo the data coverage is not as good, but with WiFi at home and work, I think I can manage. Hell with my G1 I used to only get GPRS everywhere!

qwhat is the early termination fee. i hate being strapped to 2g and would go to anyone unlimited

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

I agree. I know it's kinda first world problem type thing to complain about but in a way it sucks that we can't have the best of Google and the best cell coverage all in one.
    BlackBerry Curve 8300 < BlackBerry Storm 1 < BlackBerry Storm 2 < Motorola Droid X2 < Samsung Galaxy Nexus < Moto X
    Acer Iconia A500 < Acer Nexus 7 (2012)

I'm not too bothered about Verizon not getting the Nexus 4; to me, it doesn't seem THAT much better than the Galaxy Nexus. I'm technically able to upgrade next month, but I'm still very happy with my GNex (not to mention, I paid full price for it, so I feel compelled to get the most out of it). I'll probably wait and see if Verizon gets the next Nexus, next year. If not, I'll probably just end up getting the Galaxy S4, whenever that comes out (assuming it comes to Verizon).

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

It'll probably have a locked bootloader and require an exploit.....

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Definitely looking at ditching Verizon next year. But, it would seem that At that point Google would have worked out their LTE issues. I'm almost content with the two month update cycle for the GNEX. But the new Nexus doesn't even support ATT LTE so why bother updating until they work it out. Although that new HTC looks pretty Damn attractive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I dunno, going from a completely locked down device, Casio Commando, to a completely open device, Galaxy Nexus, I don't want any part of my device locked.

With the commando I was think, why would they make a phone that you can't delete garbage off of? Computers aren't like that. I can buy any PC and uninstall or install whatever I like. Why are phones like this? Then I got a Verizon GNex, and was like, oh, that's how it's supposed to be. Come to find out, phones are like that because that's how Verizon wants them to be. They want you locked into their network, their apps, their services. The Galaxy S3 was proof enough of that. And even with the Verizon GNex, they withheld updates so that they could push new phones.

I don't ever again want to have a phone that's locked in any way.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234