Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Unhappy So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

I like the idea of the Nexus and was looking forward to the new one (although not crazy about the non-removable battery). But now no Nexus 4 for us Verizoners. So what are you all going to do? I'm considering the RAZR Maxx HD for its long battery life. I still don't like the non-removable battery for when I go on vacation and work trips and am away from the charger.
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    What do you think?

Default Re: So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

Wait a month, figure out what to do with the Galaxy Nexus, purchase the Nexus 4 on a whim regardless lol
    whydidnt and bjs188 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Wait a month, figure out what to do with the Galaxy Nexus, purchase the Nexus 4 on a whim regardless lol
    What happens in a month that will tell you what to do with your current nexus? And if you can't run the Nexus4 on Verizon why would you get it? Or are you on another network?
    Banned

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

I'm looking at what HTC brings to the table.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    What happens in a month that will tell you what to do with your current nexus? And if you can't run the Nexus4 on Verizon why would you get it? Or are you on another network?
    In a month my financial situation becomes much clearer.

I'd get it because I've been contemplating a switch from Verizon anyway.
    bjs188, tcapote and chubb like this.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Hang around for the last few months of my contract and decide if I want to experiment with Windows Phone. My family covers my line while I'm in Uni so I can't do much about leaving for GSM quite yet.

I got two more years until my contract expires. After that I will surely move to T-Mobile or Straight Talk. For sure not staying on Verizon. There is enough WiFi around me for me to not miss their network

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait it out for a couple months! They'll eventually release an lte version.... One can only dream.....

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by StarfishP View Post
    Wait it out for a couple months! They'll eventually release an lte version.... One can only dream.....

Even if they did that non-removable battery almost kills it for me.
    The Hustleman likes this.

Well, I still have another year on my contract, so I wasn't even planning on getting a new phone until next fall...
    tx_tuff likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Well, I still have another year on my contract, so I wasn't even planning on getting a new phone until next fall...
    Ditto

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.
    tx_tuff likes this.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Actually, I think it might be wise for me to jump to the $30/month T-Mobile 5GB prepaid. Didn't know that existed! Time to start saving now I guess.
    bjs188 likes this.

Carrier
    BB

I am seriously considering switching to the Note 2.

Current GNexus owner. I had my hopes up with the Nexus 4. But hey, what can you do? I guess Google decided they don't want to sell the Nexus 4 in the US :-?. Note 2 looks good, but is so BIG! like someone said before, HTC. I've had HTC phones before, they are great.

I'm not the type that has to have a new toy all the time.
    I'll keep my Nexus until my contract is up and beyond that if there is nothing out that I feel is worth buying.

As others have said, wait a bit before you make this judgement. Didn't the GNex come out in 8/16 gb on other carriers then Verizon came out with a 32 gb? I have a feeling that could happen here, too.

other way around, it was the 32GB first on verizon....
    (if i remember correctly)

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dphorgan2 View Post
    Current GNexus owner. I had my hopes up with the Nexus 4. But hey, what can you do? I guess Google decided they don't want to sell the Nexus 4 in the US :-?. Note 2 looks good, but is so BIG! like someone said before, HTC. I've had HTC phones before, they are great.
    They still sell in the US but Verizon and sprint destroyed the point of the nexus program with their delayed updating and such its good if Google skips cdma carriers who pull that crap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    S281 likes this.

Thinking of jumping from my gnex on vzw to AT&T, get the Note 2 on contract and buy the 8GB Nexus 4 for flashing stuff. I'm glad we have lots of cool choices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    netstars22 likes this.

More like another year. I think it's been pretty much confirmed that we will see no LTE Nexus this time around.

I don't think Google will ever release another Nexus phone on Verizon. Going to have to hook up with a different carrier if you want a new Nexus. It will be a blast...only 16gb of storage, so you have to keep all you stuff in the god almighty cloud, then never be able to access any of it because the sub par carrier coverage sucks. At least when you can access it, you'll be able to quickly chew through all your limited data and generate some whopping monthly bills. The whole concept of cloud storage sucks!
    Revolutionary and Jubakuba like this.

Global Posts
    598 Global Posts

The N4 is a significant downgrade from the GN, I sure hope there is something better next year when my contract is up. The non-removable battery is an absolute deal breaker, especially a tiny battery. If I had no other choice I'd consider a RAZR MAXX but I wouldn't be happy but there is no way I would buy a phone with a non-removable 2100ma battery. I'm using a 3800ma battery in the GN. I've just replaced my nearly year old Trexcell battery with a new Hyperion. The Trexcell is still fine but it's weaker than it was a year ago which is just the nature of battery chemistry. The point is that for a trivial amount, $20, I can always have a fresh battery in the GN, with a built in battery you are stuck with the original for the life of the phone which is a self fulfilling prophecy int he case of a phone with a fixed battery.

The N4 also has half the FLASH of the GN, there is no excuse for that. Google has this fantasy that there is seamless Internet access everywhere which simply isn't true. There are lot's of rural areas with no access and in big cities the networks are so overburdened that 4G frequently behaves like 2G.

Finally there is no LTE, what are they thinking. Who in their right mind would replace a 4G phone with a 3G phone.

The only improvements in the N4 don't matter at all, a faster processor which won't be noticeable because the GN isn't processor limited, and a better camera which is nice put hardly a compelling feature.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JellyBeans

I have not lost hope that VZW will not get a nexus. They caved with the Iphone and if the sales of the Nexus are what Google hopes, they might cave again. or Google might release a nexus on VZW later in life on there terms.

All i know is i spend a lot of time in northern Michigan; Tmoble and att suck for coverage where i go. I will stick with Verizon based on that alone.
    There will always be a top of the line phone for Verizon and a dev community capable of getting rid of the skin/bloat.
    I am not to worried about this, it will work out.
    AZDROIDX and dtraini30 like this.

I haven't had my GNex for a year, so I'll probably skip out on the Nexus 4. Although, by this time next year, if a new Nexus is released and is not available on Verizon, I will probably jump ship. I refuse to purchase a non-Nexus phone. I've had bad luck in the past with all those Android "copies".

Global Posts
    940 Global Posts

My phone is a company phone. Therefore I will always have a Verizon phone.

However, that being said, I'm very happy with the GNEX. And, that's saying something as I almost always got 3+ new phones per year. I've had the GNEX since launch day and don't anticipate changing any time soon. I haven't found it lacking in hardware and there are plenty of ROMs around.

Once developers stop making ROMs for the GN I'll consider moving on. The "coolness" is in the software, not the hardware.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast