Got rid of my Nexus

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So... Not really by choice, but I have moved on from my beloved Nexus. Yesterday after roughly 10 months of owning it, and being a huge fan of it despite its faults, my power button broke. Apparently it is a known issue for Samsung phones. It physically stopped working. It would not wake the phone or turn it on or off. I took it to Verizon and they claimed it had water damage...which is a BS scam, my phone has never been wet other then sweat moisture maybe. Anyway the best they would do for me is offer the asurion refurb piece of crap for $99... Since I had a upgrade and a 30 day return policy I decided to give the new Razr Maxx HD a spin (while I try to work the Samsung angle).... But I gotta tell you.. I am loving this phone so very much.

Not looking for a charger at 3 pm is a beautiful thing. I have had it discharged for 9 hrs 29 mins... Screen awake for 2 hours 40 mins. and have 57% battery left... My Nexus would have been dead... I am also loving the speaker... man oh man did I get ragged on anytime Id try to show a video or play a song on my Nexus for the speaker with Volume+.

Anyway I do miss JB, and the Nexus was a bit smoother, but the Maxx HD is pretty close to vanilla ICS... the camera is about the same piece of crap Sammy put on the Nexus... but overall even if Sammy ponies up and sends me a new phone it will be near to impossible to give up the Maxx HD

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The razr maxx HD sounds like a really nice piece of hardware and once we get that thing unlocked and rooted it'll be a beast

Ed Ke6bnl

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I am on my 3rd samsugn galaxy nexus and I got it last week and it is doing strange things on phone call cant here them unless on speaker and then speaker does its own thing going on and off. working last night see what happens this mourning and was thinking along the lines of the Razor.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
one more year....will probably get the next nexus and jump verizon and go with a pre-paid plan or something. only time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol