Please end the force close!

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't wanna wipe my phone and reinstall apps. If this is what we need to do then we should have a restore wizard to restore to a previous date.

Anyway, I hit send report every time!

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
can you give out more info:

what is force closing?
Does it happen at a specific action? (Like when you open an app, multitasking, things like that)

It could be an app that is not formatted for jellybean and a simple fix.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There could be an app that isn't agreeing with another app. Possibly, uninstall the last app you installed before the problem started.

If you explain what apps are forcing closed, it could help others figure out a way to help you.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As everyone said.. impossible to help at all without you specifying what app is FC'ing, lol. Though as a general recommendation I would go find that app under Settings > Apps > All, tap it, and tap clear data and clear cache just for the app. That will often solve a lot of issues right there.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'm the only one, basically I get a report for everything closing (maybe I have too many things up) usually it's youtube and Google

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
yosteve,

We all get force close periodically. I see one about once a week. If you're getting it frequently then it's a compatibility issue.

Here's my suggestion. It's laborious but it will work...

1. Do a factory reset. Ouch!
2. Purchase Titanium Backup. You can backup apps and their data
3. Root your phone. You need to do this to backup your app data. You don't need to unlock the boot loader, just root it which is very simple.
4. Backup your apps using Titanium Backup before you install any app.
5. Make sure that app you just installed doesn't start the force closes. If it does delete it.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

If you get in a situation where deleting an app doesn't stop the force closes then do a factory reset. But, this time since you have Titanium Backup installed it only takes minutes to restore your apps again.

If you want a "full image backup" then you'll need a new recovery program like TWRP. It can do an image of your OS and apps. But that means a root AND unlock of your phone. Neither of which are difficult to do.

Soniczombie

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello this is my first post ever amd I want to say that it will be more post because I relized I have more to offer then more people in this world.plz dont about my spelling our my gramer because I know I suck so stfup.(shutthe up).lol any ways theu havent made an app the fix thos problem yet!. Ugg I know it sucks! But there is ways to get around it and some people have mentioned how to fix it but not all the way and if you want to know how to email me and let me know because dont want to wast your time our mine?????