How to log someone else in on my phone?

dtm8119

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I'm going to be giving my wife my Gnex and getting a different phone. I was wondering how to log myself out of the phone, and then log my Wife in under her Google account?

Is the only way to do this by doing a Factory Data reset, so when the phone starts up again, she'll just log in with her account?

Sorry for the seemingly Elementary question, but I did some searching and nothing came up!

Thanks - Dan

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I'm going to be giving my wife my Gnex and getting a different phone. I was wondering how to log myself out of the phone, and then log my Wife in under her Google account?

Is the only way to do this by doing a Factory Data reset, so when the phone starts up again, she'll just log in with her account?

Sorry for the seemingly Elementary question, but I did some searching and nothing came up!

Thanks - Dan

You could just remove your account from Settings > Accounts.. however, that would leave your apps and other info still in there, obviously. Really I would just do a factory reset, that will take care of everything. Keep in mind it will wipe the internal sdcard as well.. so if you want to save any photo's or music or anything off there you will maybe not want to do that, or else you could just copy them to your computer first and then put back there afterwards.
:)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was only unlocking that wiped the internal sd. Otherwise, wouldn't that partition be wiped every time we did a clean flash of a ROM?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was only unlocking that wiped the internal sd. Otherwise, wouldn't that partition be wiped every time we did a clean flash of a ROM?

Nah.. The Wipe data/factory reset we do within recovery doesn't wipe the sd (/data/media.. via a nice bit of code that devs stick into those recoveries for us :)), but doing a factory reset from within the OS does wipe everything.

:)