1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2nd unit, still BT voice problems

after months of trying to debug my poor BT call issues I finally called VZ. They advised me to do a battery pull, and said they would do something on their end. No help. They sent me another (refurb) unit . Same issue. Very spotty BT voice quality on multiple headsets (Plantronics, Jawbone, Moto). Quality on the A2DP profile fine. I hadn't loaded any apps or done anything else before trying out the BT since it's the only thing I had a problem with.

I've had it w/this issue. Should I accept this?? Am I being too picky??? Voice quality on the headset is fine, but I use BT 90% of the time as I have physical issues that prevent me from holding a phone up for too long. They didn't give me the option of another model at all when I went to the store. I want to abandon this and move on.

tx

Default Re: 2nd unit, still BT voice problems

I have a similar problem to you, although I doubt the same physical problems as mine is merely a surgically repaired foot that requires a cane/crutches that always leaves one/two hands occupied while walking.

I'm currently on handset 3, which is not working properly at all, that will shortly turn into handset 4.

The manager of my local store actually had a employee relay to me that "because the update was optional and [I] chose to except it, it [was my] problem not Verizon's." After pointing out that the phone she was holding was a replacement phone that came with it pre-installed, they told me to buy a newer Bluetooth headset that the manager guaranteed would work, both "coincidentally" costing more than twice as much as the one I currently own...

To make a much longer story short, the manager ate crow and ordered another replacement phone that "wouldn't fix the problem." I was told, again, that my phone would be likely left unsupported with its issues and Verizon would only be willing to send replacement models, knowing full-well nothing would be fixed or changed.

Essentially, Verizon is hoping people like us will give up. I've seen it before when Sprint took $400 out of my account and told me there was nothing I could do about it. I kept on it and, after a forced disclosure of their recorded calls and their activity on my account, Sprint had to return my money and release me from my contract as well (which is ironically how I ended up on Verizon with this phone).
    Last edited by Sock-Monkey Pete; 11-05-2012 at 11:02 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry to hear about your foot.

I just don't get why verizon wastes their own time not to mention their customers with continually foisting defective phones on us. I hate to pester them but I didn't spend this money to be stuck for two years w crappy voice quality. The last thing I want to do after buying dedicated accessories and spending hours. Customizing my phone is switch to another model.

I get the feeling that they have taken a lot of discretion away from the store managers who used to have some flexibility in assuring that customers are satisfied. Now everything is central. The store wouldn't just hand me a unit which of course I could have tested there and handed right back

Sorry for venting. Will have to keep pushing this.

I actually convinced them to test my phone with their other Bluetooth headsets and try my Bluetooth with other phones. After they did, they tried to tell me I needed to do a factory reset on my phone when I get home to see if that's the problem with the replacement phone apparently thinking that would be the end of it. So I asked for it back and reset it then and there. I even did a factory reset on my bluetooth while waiting on the phone lol. After more failed attempts by the manager to use it, they finally admitted there was something going on that would require an update.

I'll keep fighting until something is done to fix it or replace it. Even if it involves 20 replacement phones being shipped to me. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums