Is USB OTG/Host working?
I have a USB OTG cable - the one made by Motorola for the Xoom, it works great with my Xoom, but it's not working with my Galaxy Nexus. Game controllers don't work, nor does flash drives using Nexus Media Importer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer .
I don't need to root my Xoom to use OTG either controller, or the Nexus Media Importer. Does anyone have any ideas as to why USB host isn't working with the Galaxy Nexus? Could it be that the Xoom's OEM USB OTG cable doesn't work with the Galaxy Nexus?
- 11-11-2012, 09:26 PM #2
- 02-22-2013, 04:30 AM #3
- 3 Posts
Re: Is USB OTG/Host working?
It used to work, but at some point stopped - perhaps a recent firmware upgrade broke it. However, it didn't break it completely: on my Galaxy Nexus, if I power cycle the phone with a USB device (e.g. mouse or keyboard) already connected then USB OTG will work - I can even unplug that device and plug in something else - seemingly until the next time I restart without anything connected. Try that and see if it works.
- By rseiler in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 7Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM
- By PeaceMaker273 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2012, 07:57 PM
- By josh3035 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
- By PhotoMasterGreg in forum Epic 4G Touch AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
- By mtucker in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2011, 01:32 PM