1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Verizon ?

Hello

The funny thing is that I could not wait for the nexus to come out and about 3 weeks prior to its release my sons phone to a crap so had to use my upgrade. Wife demanded her son have a phone, so he got my old Dinc and I picked up the 4s, so here we are again his screen has been cracked for awhile but he is not getting my upgrade... Anyway

My question is I just bought a used GN and need to get a VZ sim card for it, what is the deal will they want to charge me for it and will they try to mess with my unlimited plan or charge more for LTE? Thanks

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Verizon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mcgoo View Post
    Hello

The funny thing is that I could not wait for the nexus to come out and about 3 weeks prior to its release my sons phone to a crap so had to use my upgrade. Wife demanded her son have a phone, so he got my old Dinc and I picked up the 4s, so here we are again his screen has been cracked for awhile but he is not getting my upgrade... Anyway

My question is I just bought a used GN and need to get a VZ sim card for it, what is the deal will they want to charge me for it and will they try to mess with my unlimited plan or charge more for LTE? Thanks
    Just go to a Verizon store, they'll activate it and give you a sim free of charge. Assuming you are just transferring a number to it which still has unlimited data then you should not lose it.. but be sure to confirm/remind them of that at least once while you are there just so they don't screw something up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Just go to a Verizon store, they'll activate it and give you a sim free of charge. Assuming you are just transferring a number to it which still has unlimited data then you should not lose it.. but be sure to confirm/remind them of that at least once while you are there just so they don't screw something up, lol.
    That's the way to do it. The other option is to get a new SIM card and activate it later by calling Verizon. You'll need the numbers on the card that you punch the micro-SIM out of. If you do it in store, it's a good idea to call in to tech support a day after and ensure that you still have the unlimited plan. If you time it right, you shouldn't be on hold for more than a minute or two.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Thanks, hope to have the phone up and running in a few days.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Every time you swap out a phone does VZ charge an activation fee, this means I add my nexus they charge me the fee than 3 months I change to another off contract phone they charge another activation fee each and every time ? Finally going to put the nexus on my number. Thanks guys

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Every time you swap out a phone does VZ charge an activation fee, this means I add my nexus they charge me the fee than 3 months I change to another off contract phone they charge another activation fee each and every time ? Finally going to put the nexus on my number. Thanks guys
    That I do not know for sure, I'm sure they can answer you quicker and more reliably over the phone if you call them rather than wait for an answer here

I swap my phones around frequently and never had a problem. The only time they charge you activation or upgrade fee is when you buy a new phone.(either at full retail price or discounted upgrade price)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Ok thanks guys just figured I would get a heads up here first before heading into the store, will activate my nexus today.

Ok thanks guys just figured I would get a heads up here first before heading into the store, will activate my nexus today.
    let the Verizon store employee make some test calls before you leave the store. (both incoming and outgoing calls)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Activated with no issues, they just tried to sell me every accessory they had I'm the back...lol

They haven't charged me an activation when I buy new phones and put on my account. This is when renting and/or just buying the phone outright to keep.