help with FLASHING

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I need help with flashing! I rooted my GNex out of the box in January, but I have somehow lost my root! All of the posts in this forum say to download this and that and FLASH in recovery. I have all of the downloads but cannot get into recovery. I just get the Android avatar with no options to do anything. I downloaded GooManager to install a new recovery, but I can't reboot into recovery via GooManager without root access and I can't get into Root Explorer to change the old recovery without root.
Is there a way to FLASH the files that are on my SD card without root access? If so, could someone please give me STEP BY STEP instructions on what to do.
I really want to be rooted again!
Thanks in advance.

Bnails21

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and when I tried rooting again with Wugs toolkit it goes through the process but once it's done I'm still not rooted. It also will not let me flash a custom recovery. Superuser is still on my device from before the update to 4.1.1 and it asks me to update the binaries but I get a failed error every time I try to update. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a (GSM) Nexus, and there is currently an issue with Superuser and 4.2. I couldn't regain root, and updating the app and/or binary kept failing. I finally flashed using SuperSU, and this is working.
I am waiting for Superuser to fix as I bought Elite awhile back.
XDA thread on the subject; [Q] Root Android 4.2 - Page 3 - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2