dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Its available now for the gsm version. How long before we see a ota? 2 months?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
since Verizon has unofficially abandoned the Galaxy Nexus, I'd say the 4.2 OTA update will take more than the usual 3 months.... perhaps as early as Groundhog Day?

I say "abandoned" because all 3 Verizon Wireless coporate owned/operated stores in my area have removed the Galaxy Nexus from the store displays.
Of course the neutered new 16GB version is still available at VerizonWireless.com and third-party sellers.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
since Verizon has unofficially abandoned the Galaxy Nexus, I'd say the 4.2 OTA update will take more than the usual 3 months.... perhaps as early as Groundhog Day?

I say "abandoned" because all 3 Verizon Wireless coporate owned/operated stores in my area have removed the Galaxy Nexus from the store displays.
Of course the neutered new 16GB version is still available at VerizonWireless.com and third-party sellers.

Bank on this. This guy has a stellar track record with predictions...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...3-htc-get-jelly-bean-first-7.html#post2176263

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just unlocked and rooted my Gnex with Wugfresh's Nexus root toolkit...it is ridiculously easy...so easy in fact you'll be like "what the hell was I waiting for" and since AOSP just got 4.2 today I can get the goodness as soon as a ROM is cooked...and if I feel like getting the OTA the Toolkit can un-root and re-lock ur phone...just a suggestion...

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Bank on this. This guy has a stellar track record with predictions...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...3-htc-get-jelly-bean-first-7.html#post2176263

hahaha....classic

on a semi relted note....i fear slightly for the VZW nexus...because google admitted it was a huge flop/mistake of a phone and that they were a PITA to deal with. hopefully Google/vzw will still support it for as long as the GSM version. but who knows really....and who cares really...as anyone that REALLY cares about OTA's would just Root and FLASH a ROM anyway.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
hahaha....classic

on a semi relted note....i fear slightly for the VZW nexus...because google admitted it was a huge flop/mistake of a phone and that they were a PITA to deal with. hopefully Google/vzw will still support it for as long as the GSM version. but who knows really....and who cares really...as anyone that REALLY cares about OTA's would just Root and FLASH a ROM anyway.

It is supported. It will receive every OTA it is supposed to for at least another year, albeit roughly 2 months or so after the GSM ones do, give or take. Anyone who posts to say anything different is trolling. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
It is supported. It will receive every OTA it is supposed to for at least another year, albeit roughly 2 months or so after the GSM ones do, give or take. Anyone who posts to say anything different is trolling. :)

Exactly.

It may be less time since this isn't a huge upgrade, but I would still say around New Years is when we'll see the update.

Steve

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Let the rants begin!
Like I said when last update came out, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it. Maybe by the time it comes out I won't be with Verizon anymore. :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Reading people's experiences in the Nexus 7 4.2 update experience thread, I'm not sure I want it to come quickly. I wouldn't mind waiting for a better 4.2.x that resolves some of people's frustrations.
I know this is really weenie, but I also hate the new clock.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
As far as design, or lack there of, I completely agree with you regarding the clock. The features are awesome, though. I love swiping left to snooze or right to disable alarms. I travel for business and in general it's very cool to have the times of different cities around the world (math can be confusing...:D). I haven't used them yet but I'm sure I'll find a time when the timer and/or stop watch features come in handy. I expect devs will integrate their clock widgets with the stock 4.2 functions so the stock design shouldn't matter shortly.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon always takes a long time to push out OTA updates.
My solution? Don't visit AndroidCentral and similar sites
for a while. If you don't know an update is on the horizon,
you won't curse Verizon for taking so long. :D :D :D

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
4.2 is a nightmare on the Nexus 7.00 tab. Many apps need to be fixed, eg, Firefox, Facebook, Android Pro Widgets, on and on.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
well I flashed to 4.2 and I like the lock-screen tiles...u can get to the camera directly from the lock screen, even while using, pattern lock or face unlock...take pictures and hit back and the phone is still locked...u can also add additional tiles to access from the lock screen...text messaging, calender, etc.... the one problem I did encounter (and I expected this) some of my apps don't work because they probably need to be updated to be compatible with 4.2 but if u send them an email the app developers usually get back to u pretty quick and within days an update is out....that is probably the only drawback to getting the latest version of android first...so a 2 month wait with VZW is sort of a blessing, ur almost guaranteed to have all ur favorite apps updated and compatible with 4.2...

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

The program they have going with Verizon is a flop, not the phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad