Signal strength vs Droid HG vs iPhone

Rweddy1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just doing a side by side comparison today with co-workers phones today when in a training class.
My Nexus and iphone have 1 bar, while the Moto has 4 bars almost full strength.
Love or hate them Moto still makes the best radios by far.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Agree. Out of the three (assuming the iPhone 5 is the iPhone you tested next to) The galaxy nexus has the weakest radios.

I got an iPhone 5 through work and it holds a strong LTE signal in areas that my Nexus could only get 3g. Samsung needs to step up their game when it comes to radios.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty widely accepted that the VZW GNexus doesn't have a very good radio and that Motorolas typically have pretty good radios. Sadly, someone decided to give the VZW GNexus a poor radio.

It's usually not a good idea to compare signal bars though, esp. across manufacturers, carriers or phone OS's. They're just interpretations/representations of signal strength by the phone OS. Different manufacturers/OS's/carriers may display more bars for a similar signal strength (to make themselves look better). It would be more accurate to look at actual signal strength numbers. On android, you can go to Settings -> About phone -> Status to see signal strength numbers. Or use an app like Network Signal Info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke