Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What would be a fair selling price?

I am debating on selling my VZW Galaxy Nexus on Craig's List. What do you think would be the price I should ask for it? It is only 6 months old and in near perfect condition. Some minor surface scratches on the borders none on the screen.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: What would be a fair selling price?

About tree fitty.

Sorry couldn't resist. Realistically maybe anywhere from 200-300 based on what I've seen recently, and on the condition and any extras you have for inclusion (case, extra battery, etc). I checked swappa.com the other day to see what they're going for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP

I agree, 200-300 depending on overall condition and extras, I'm planning on selling mine and it's in excellent condition with an otterbox case two standard batteries and an OEM extended battery and 2 chargers, hopefully I get at lease 250
    nothing nothing nothing
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well I guess I could include my 2x stock batteries, 2x 3800mAh batteries, 2x 2250mAh Andida batteries, Seidio case for extended batteries, and Ringke Slim case. Maybe another $50?

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Well I guess I could include my 2x stock batteries, 2x 3800mAh batteries, 2x 2250mAh Andida batteries, Seidio case for extended batteries, and Ringke Slim case. Maybe another $50?
    Sounds about right Especially if it's in mint condition with all those extras you should get a decent return
    nothing nothing nothing
    Thanked by:

I got a gnex on ebay last week for 220. Its cherry. The date of mfgr is 07/12 under the batt, so its pretty new. About 20 mins to the end me and another guy start a small bidding war. Started at about 180 then luckily the guy gave up at 220 but if you get 2 or 3 guys bidding, and they are into it, the price could get pretty high.
    On craigslist you get one call at a time and you have to decide to take his lowball offer or not or wait for another call. I would say try out ebay. I dunno how their fees work but you get more action on ebay imo.

Check out Swappa.com also....some good action there too.

I traded in my spare VZW Galaxy Nexus at Gazelle back in August.
    They offered $137, plus a 5% bonus because I requested the payement
    via Amazon gift card. It was quick and painless. The gift card balance
    was deposited to my Amazon account two days after they received the
    phone. I could have gotten $50 or $70 more by selling on eBay, Craigslist
    or elsewhere, but I didn't have the time or energy to deal with it.

Wipe the phone before getting rid of your phone.

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

Vzw trade in site says it will give $117. Just for reference
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I thought this too. I was looking to do an in-store trade in, so I called the corporate store in my area to make sure and found out it ($117) is wrong. In their system, the CDMA model is only going for $88 and the GSM model is going for $131.

Global Posts
    1,986 Global Posts

If anyone wants to unload their nexus for what vzw ($117) or gazelle ($137) is offering, and its in vg condition or better, then pm me. I have 2800+ feedback on eBay and will pay under same terms as vzw or gazelle - money sent after receipt and confirmation of phone condition and able to be activated.

I have a chance to get a mint vzw gn for 200 . . I've read the reviews but I like personal interaction - what are some of your experiences with yours; good phone or what do you see as drawbacks? Thanks!

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    I have a chance to get a mint vzw gn for 200 . . I've read the reviews but I like personal interaction - what are some of your experiences with yours; good phone or what do you see as drawbacks? Thanks!
    The camera is fine in a bright place, but for low light is horrendous. The radio isn't as good as, say, on a Motorola device. Those are the only two faults, and I think the benefits outweigh the negatives by a long shot. I love my gnex, and if I had to do it again, I would.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2nd Generation)
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Retired Devices:
    Sony Xperia Z1s, Droid DNA, Nexus 7, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid, Blackberry Bold 9000, iPhone 1st Generation