Screen Cracked, need advise... screen protector a good idea?

jazzbassist1

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello all my Verizon Galaxy Nexus friends. I have a quick question for you all. Just looking for a little advise.

Recently I dropped my Galaxy Nexus and managed to crack the screen. It isn't the worst crack I've ever seen, but it isn't pretty, and you can definitely feel it when using the device. In my research for a replacement, turns out the digitizer is fused to the glass, so a replacement woud cost quite a bit of money. For that reason, I'm trying to live with it.

Now for my question. Do you think it would be a good idea to put a screen protector on a cracked screen? On one hand it makes sense because it would reduce the chance of further damage due to dirt/moisture/further use. But I don't know if that logic is flawless.

So, any thoughts?

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't be a bad idea however, depending on how bad the scratch is, I would refrain from using a "wet" application protector in case the liquid managed to penetrate the crack.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ucintegra1#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree. If you're going to use a screen protector, use the dry installation ones and not the ones with any liquid to apply (e.g. Invisibleshield). The dry screen protectors can also keep the cracked pieces together, depending on the strength of the adhesive of the screen protector.

VZW GNex - CM10 Jelly Bro b4

sk3litor

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Also if your interested there are actually tempered glass screen protectors. I believe it's xgear.com. 30 dollars plus shipping. I'm saving for one myself. Also available with white trim. There's a thread on RootzWiki about them.

I don't need no stinking signature

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
how bad is the crack? if it's minor, try getting the Otterbox Defender case... the built-in screen protector is slight fuzzy and may make the crack less noticeable? :) Just a thought. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692