1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Default Is there any way to upgrade my Nexus to an S3 using my wife's upgrade & keep unlimited data?

I have 2 lines on my acct and my wife's # is up for an upgrade. I wanted to get an S3 using her upgrade and then move the new phone onto my acct. The problem is that Verizon apparently won't let you do that anymore, and still keep the unlimited data plan....

Does anyone know of any other way to do this? And no, I'm not paying full retail for a new phone....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Is there any way to upgrade my Nexus to an S3 using my wife's upgrade & keep unlimited data?

nope, you get pushed to the wonderful share everything plan.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there any way to upgrade my Nexus to an S3 using my wife's upgrade & keep unlimited data?

Crap, that's kind of what I figured. Not sure if I want to lose unlimited data bad enough for an upgrade... Anybody wanna buy a Galaxy Nexus for $649.99? lol

Quote Originally Posted by CFD323 View Post
    I have 2 lines on my acct and my wife's # is up for an upgrade. I wanted to get an S3 using her upgrade and then move the new phone onto my acct. The problem is that Verizon apparently won't let you do that anymore, and still keep the unlimited data plan....

Does anyone know of any other way to do this? And no, I'm not paying full retail for a new phone....
    You didn't make your post very clear. Do BOTH lines currently have UNLIMITED DATA?

I have 4 lines on my account. Only the primarly line has unlimited data. I used the other three lines to buy phones at upgrade, discounted prices.
    Then I move the phone to my primary line and Verizon lets me keep the unlimited data on the primary line. Just did it again 15 days ago.
    In fact, I have one more line that's eligible for upgrade and I'll buy the Verizon Samsung Note 2 and do the same.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post
    You didn't make your post very clear. Do BOTH lines currently have UNLIMITED DATA?
    My line has unlimited data, my wife's is just a dumb phone line.

The way you've been upgrading is how I've always done it in the past, but 2 Verizon cust service reps told me that if I do that, as soon as the new phone gets transferred onto my line, the unlimited data immediately goes away. How are you able to do it?

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by af250xxl View Post

I have 4 lines on my account. Only the primarly line has unlimited data. I used the other three lines to buy phones at upgrade, discounted prices.
    Then I move the phone to my primary line and Verizon lets me keep the unlimited data on the primary line. Just did it again 15 days ago.
    In fact, I have one more line that's eligible for upgrade and I'll buy the Verizon Samsung Note 2 and do the same.
    Unless you are selling the unlimited line's previous phone every time you upgrade from the other 3 lines...it looks like you are spending a lot of money per month to save your unlimited data. That's $360/year extra. If you are getting around $300 every 8 months or so from selling a phone, you could offset all of the extra charges.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CFD323 View Post
    My line has unlimited data, my wife's is just a dumb phone line.

The way you've been upgrading is how I've always done it in the past, but 2 Verizon cust service reps told me that if I do that, as soon as the new phone gets transferred onto my line, the unlimited data immediately goes away. How are you able to do it?
    I don't really know why they would tell you that. Perhaps try a 3rd VZE customer service rep?
    When did you speak with them? I sure hope it's not a new policy that was put in place within the last two week.

I swap my phones around between the lines very frequently. (the ones that use the same size 4G LTE cards) Never had a problem.

the Verizon rep directed me to this thread on their website:

Last edited by af250xxl; 11-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.