Visual Voice Mail

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok as I switch back to android one thing that I did like on IPhone was the visual voice mail, what does everyone use on android, I know VZ charges monthly on top of their service but rather not pay them for it. I do have google voice number but still use my VZ number regularly. is there a good app out there?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok as I switch back to android one thing that I did like on IPhone was the visual voice mail, what does everyone use on android, I know VZ charges monthly on top of their service but rather not pay them for it. I do have google voice number but still use my VZ number regularly. is there a good app out there?

Setup Google Voice to handle your voicemail. You don't need to port your verizon number to it or anything like that, you just go through the setup process and have it handle your VZW voicemail. I've been using it exactly like that for a year and it works flawlessly. Plus the Google Voice app not only gives you free visual voicemail but transcribes messages to text form automatically for free for you :)

Setting it up the first time is not hard, but I remember it being a little bit complicated. Head to google.com/voice and look for info on it.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Setup Google Voice to handle your voicemail. You don't need to port your verizon number to it or anything like that, you just go through the setup process and have it handle your VZW voicemail. I've been using it exactly like that for a year and it works flawlessly. Plus the Google Voice app not only gives you free visual voicemail but transcribes messages to text form automatically for free for you :)

Setting it up the first time is not hard, but I remember it being a little bit complicated. Head to google.com/voice and look for info on it.

This. Let us know if you get stuck setting it up, I use Google Voice exclusively and I'm happy to lend a hand. It's great for a voicemail service, although I have the transcriptions turned off. They need to bring some of the Jelly Bean voice recognition over to the Google Voice team -- I rarely got a transcription that was accurate enough to not listen to the audio.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems I did get it to go to my GV but now I get text, email, and both notification of voice mails in the notification. I went into my GV setting took off text message and then it stopped showing up in my statues bar. I guess I will keep messing around with it.

Oki think I got it now...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz