Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Default Re: do you all like your phone?

The Verizon GNex was kind of notorious for bad radios.. I really don't like the camera in the phone either.. It's fine for daylight photos in perfect lighting.. but many of the times, I want to take indoor photos and they don't come out NEARLY as nice as my friends with a GS3 or my girlfriends iphone (blows it out of the water).

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Love everything except the battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

I have stock 4.1.1 installed.

The good:

Very stable OS.
    The phone is pretty speedy and doesn't lag very often.
    The screen looks great (especially if at full brightness, where it belongs...).
    When on WiFi, I can get over 3 hours of screen time on a single charge (I *think* that is good).

The bad:
    The radios suck.
    When you are not on WiFi, the battery life sucks also as a result.
    Did I mention the radios suck? I am in the heart of 4G territory but am lucky to get a 4G signal at home. At my office (in a major metropolitan area) I set 10 feet from the windows and am lucky to get a 3G signal.
    Did I mention how bad the battery life sucks when not on WiFi? It really, really sucks when I am at my office. When this phone cannot get a super strong, super solid data signal, it burns through battery power faster than Obama burns through the federal deficit.

It depends:
    The camera for me is actually pretty good and I get compliments on my photos all the time (including indoor photos). It far surpasses the iPhone 4 camera but I don't know about newer iPhone models or One X, S3, etc.
    lets_go_android likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I have stock 4.1.1 installed.

The good:

Very stable OS.
    The phone is pretty speedy and doesn't lag very often.
    The screen looks great (especially if at full brightness, where it belongs...).
    When on WiFi, I can get over 3 hours of screen time on a single charge (I *think* that is good).

The bad:
    The radios suck.
    When you are not on WiFi, the battery life sucks also as a result.
    Did I mention the radios suck? I am in the heart of 4G territory but am lucky to get a 4G signal at home. At my office (in a major metropolitan area) I set 10 feet from the windows and am lucky to get a 3G signal.
    Did I mention how bad the battery life sucks when not on WiFi? It really, really sucks when I am at my office. When this phone cannot get a super strong, super solid data signal, it burns through battery power faster than Obama burns through the federal deficit.

It depends:
    The camera for me is actually pretty good and I get compliments on my photos all the time (including indoor photos). It far surpasses the iPhone 4 camera but I don't know about newer iPhone models or One X, S3, etc.
    Yesterday at 13 hrs, my battery was at 50% on my thunderbolt. Right now I'm at 8 hrs and at 44% because I had to go to the airport today and was using 4g. Sounds like I made a good decision waiting. Based on battery life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

I guess every phone has its up and down sides. As I said my tbolt still hasn't received an ICS OTA

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have both the S3 and the nexus. I definitely think the nexus was/is a great device and is even better if you want to root/rom. I would not for any price lock in a contract with it today though. I would get it again on release a year ago but not now. IMO the S3 has better battery life, a better and larger screen, a better quality camera that is even better with jellybean in low light, much better radios and stability of signal, I like the additions Samsung made like smart stay and auto haptics in games, it also has a faster processor and more ram which are good for future proofing. I love the nexus and am not bashing it in any way but the S3 is definitely a better phone.
    c_Hacks Avatar

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I'm very happy with my GNexus overall. I actually do not like the oversized screen too much because its a pain to use one handed. The S3 is even worse. When I'm walking the dogs, or carrying anything its clumsy to use. I swap back and forth with an iPhone 4s and it has a better quality screen that either Samsung, better camera and is easier to use. The GNexus is great for customizing, widgets, nav, and ROMing. I wouldn't want the S3 because its locked down and overpriced. The GNexus is more than fast enough. I see no reason for a faster processor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12