Unlimited Data Galaxy Nexus

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

Bought a used galaxy nexus from a friend. I originally had unlimited Data, when I went to get number ported over....Verizon rep never mentioned anything about a new plan nor did I sign anything.

Plan now shows 2 GB data, do I have a shot at fighting this?

Thanks

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If you call Verizon's tech support within 30 days of when the change was made to your plan, they will be able to reset it.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to sign for any changes to your plan, so if you didn't sign anything I'd think that they would change it back. I'd get the name of the sales rep that helped you and talk to the manager if you have issues. Good Luck

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Most importantly I want to keep the 4G Galaxy Nexus with unlimited Data. I was under impression that by buying my own phone I would not have to commit to a 2 yr or any plan change.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Most importantly I want to keep the 4G Galaxy Nexus with unlimited Data. I was under impression that by buying my own phone I would not have to commit to a 2 yr or any plan change.

You are correct, however if you have a retail store activate a new device for you, it's possible that your plan was changed in the process -- accidentally or otherwise. When Verizon was phasing out unlimited data, I remember seeing posts every week or two from users complaining that their unlimited data was removed while making changes that didn't directly affect their plan.

The retail store won't be able to return unlimited data to you, you'll have to call in (within 30 days) to get the plan rolled back.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I think most of the time its changed if you come from a 3g device. They claim that 4g is a different service and have to change the the plan. However you should be able to correct it if you call and let them know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
If you signed nothing, then you certainly should be able to dispute it and have it changed back.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd be more interested at this point in knowing what you 'ported.' Or do you mean that you merely had an sim change.

If your not sure of the terms I doubt you really understood what was being explained at the time of activation.

Don't mention to sound rude, but sales agents will at times say what we want to hear but in terms that allow them to do what they want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is the term "ported" is used when adding a line that was from another provider to a current plan. The term AOL (assumption of liability) is used when you add a line to a current plan with both #s from the same provider. I recently did that with my gf's GS3. Added to an old family plan with unlimited data. My line still have unlimited, and my family plan remained the same, but her line only has the 2GB of data. Only added $30 to my bill but we have to share minute/texts. Anyway, it doesn't sound like you did either of these. Were you on a 3g or LTE unlimited plan? Not sure that should matter. You may have to call a few reps until you find a nice and helpful one, but one will get your unlimited plan back. Tip o' the day. Be nice.

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
3G to 4G should not matter. I came from a 3G(BB Tour) to 4G(Verizon GN) and nothing on my account changed. I literally asked the sales rep at least 5 times if I would be able to keep unlimited data and asked the Manager twice, just to make sure they knew I did not want anything changed (given this was before tiered data, but the concept remains the same).

Sounds to me like he just went to get the new phone activated. Possibly just meant his number "ported" to the new phone?

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
3G to 4G should not matter. I came from a 3G(BB Tour) to 4G(Verizon GN) and nothing on my account changed. I literally asked the sales rep at least 5 times if I would be able to keep unlimited data and asked the Manager twice, just to make sure they knew I did not want anything changed (given this was before tiered data, but the concept remains the same).

Exactly....bought a GN from a guy and went to have my number put on it!

Sounds to me like he just went to get the new phone activated. Possibly just meant his number "ported" to the new phone?

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I just did the same thing at VZ and my plan did not change, I logged into my VZ account and still have unlimited. Switched my old phone to my sons number and he also kept unlimited plan. I would call and make sure they correct it.

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
10 Minutes with a Customer service Rep....10 minutes of silence while I waited for the Supervisor....10 Minutes with a Supervisor!

Unlimited Data will be reinstated within 10 days. Unbelievable how awful the original Customer Service rep was, Supervisor looked over history and agreed to put in a special order. Pay attention to your plans people and dont let Verizon cut you out of what you deserve!

Thanks for all the support!

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you were able to get it straightened out. Yeah, you've gotta be vigilant anytime a rep does anything to your account. Make sure they don't change anything w/o your consent. Remember to check again 10 days later to confirm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar